Clarification 21st October 2016: Link to Terms of Reference has been updated. http://www.ebrd.com/documents/technical-cooporation/visoko-water-tor.docx
Executing Agency (Client):
JKP “Visoko” d.o.o.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The Client Contact Person:
Dino Delibasic, Director
JKP “Visoko” d.o.o.
Bosna i Hercegovina
+387 32 738 600
The EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 8518
Fax: +44 20 7338 7451
The Public Water Utility “JKP VISOKO d.o.o. Visoko ” (the “Company”) supported by the Municipality of Visoko (the “Municipality”) approached the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “Bank” or the “EBRD”) with a request to assess the possibility of financing expansion of water supply system in Municipality of Visoko under the Visoko Water Supply Project (the “Project”). The Project plans to expand the water supply system and repair the existing network in the city of Visoko. This is expected to provide environmental and health benefits compared to the existing situation by improving the quality, reliability of drinking water supply and reducing water losses. The Project includes the reconstruction of the existing facilities and expansion of the water supply system to connect additional 3,000 households with total population estimated at 11,000.
The Project’s priority investment programme is estimated at around EUR 6 million where the Bank is planning to provide a loan up to EUR 4.5 million, to be co-financed by a capital grant of EUR 1.5 million from an international donor. The final amount of the investment needs for the Project will be confirmed and finalized as a result of the ongoing separate Feasibility Study.
The objective of this assignment is for a qualified consultant (the “Consultant”) to provide the Client with site supervision during the Works implementation for the above listed investment components. The Consultant shall exercise all duties in accordance with the relevant Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (“FBiH”) laws and the service description of the assignment. The main objective of the required services is:
• to ensure the Works are carried out in compliance with construction permits, environmental permit and environmental and social requirements of the Bank, technical documentation and relevant FBiH laws;
• to supervise the Works, assure technical assistance during civil and other works execution, approve the materials, equipment and workmanship;
• to ensure proper accounting and recording of the progress of the Works;
• to ensure that Works are planned orderly, proactive role in identification of circumstances that might lead to delays in the Contract and propose to the Employer measures that can be taken to avoid or minimise any such delays.
Without limiting the generalities of the foregoing and upon award of the Works contract, the Consultant shall act as the client’s Supervising Engineer at the sites, to ensure that the works are implemented in accordance with (a) the endorsed main (detailed) designs, and (b) specifications agreed and endorsed with the contractor, time schedule of construction activities and using the prescribed quality materials with necessary certificates where required.
Please see attached the link below for the TOR for additional assignment details:
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q1 2017 and has an estimated overall duration of 36 months, not including defects liability period.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 250,000.00 (exclusive of VAT). Subject to availability of funding, the performance of the selected Consultant and the specific needs of the Client the Assignment may be extended beyond the current scope.
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: EBRD Shareholders Special Fund
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions, however all of the stated experts should be chartered under the Bosnia and Herzegovina (“BiH”) law “Položen Stručni Ispit” or holding an equivalent professional engineering qualification/licence from another country.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with previous project experience related to:
1. Experience in the field of Civil Engineering/field construction and in relation to similar assignments for similar size projects.
2. Experience of similar projects in the Western Balkans region, preferably in BiH.
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
a. Key Expert No 1 (Supervision Coordinator) with preferably 10 years of previous professional experience in the field of Civil Engineering/field construction.
b. Key Expert No 2 (Civil Engineer) with preferably 10 years of previous professional experience in the field of Civil Engineering/field Hydrotechnics.
c. Pool of Additional Key Experts consisting of a QA/QC Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Environmental and Social Expert and an Electrical Engineer.
All of the above stated experts should be chartered under the Bosnia and Herzegovina (“BiH”) law “Položen Stručni Ispit” or holding an equivalent professional engineering qualification/licence from another country.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration), main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
4. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The expression of interest shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) should be submitted, in English via email (pdf) to the Client’s contact person, to reach the Client not later than the closing date. One additional copy shall reach the Bank’s contact person by the same due date. The expression of interest shall be one file (pdf). The Client reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if any limitation on the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
1. The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. Consultants will not be asked to submit a proposal. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected from a shortlist and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
2. The shortlist criteria are as follows:
(a) Firm’s previous project experience in the W. Balkans region and preferably in BiH (30%)
(b) Firm’s previous project experience in the field of Civil Engineering/field construction and of carrying out similar assignments for similar size projects (40%)
(c) CVs of Key Experts in line with the profile including demonstrated previous professional experience in the related area of expertise (30%)