The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (”EBRD” or the “Bank”) intends to provide a loan to Astana International Airport (“AIA” or “the Company” or “the Client”) to finance the works, goods and services required to rehabilitate the runway, taxiways, apron and lighting navigational facilities (the “Project”).
The Bank requires a consultant (the “Consultant”) to ensure that the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Rules (“PPRs”) are followed in the procurement by AIA of the project as per the Project Procurement Plan, and assist the client in the best way to achieve the execution of the project by December 2016 (the “Assignment”). The execution of the Project on time is crucial as it shall be complete by Astana Expo 2017.
The Consultant shall undertake the following tasks:
• Advise on the optimal procurement and contracting strategy for the Project. Current plan is to follow open tendering procedures with post-qualification for the works component with the contract based on FIDIC Pink Book (MDB Harmonised, 2010) and competitive selection for the Supervision engineer component;
• Ensure that the tender documents are prepared based on the EBRD Harmonised Standard Tender Documents for Procurement of Works and for the Consultancy Services; and in accordance with the Bank’s PPRs. The tender documents to be prepared should meet the Bank’s requirements for “no objection”;
• Ensure that the tendering process is conducted in compliance with the requirements of the Bank’s PPRs in terms of organisation of the pre-tender meetings (if applicable), preparation of clarifications in response to requests of the tenderers in respect of the Tender Documents, conducting tender opening ceremony and preparation of the minutes, evaluation of the Tenders and the contract award process;
• Ensure that the tender evaluation report (“TER”) is prepared using the Bank’s template and is acceptable in order to achieve the EBRD's ‘no objection’ to the award recommendation contained in the TERs and draft contracts with the selected tenderer/consultant is in line with the Bank’s PPRs.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: It is envisaged that the Assignment will start in late June and will be completed in Q1 of 2016.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: USD 84,000; exclusive of VAT.
The Consultant must determine whether any VAT would be chargeable on the services and the basis for that determination, without taking into consideration the Bank's special status as an IFI and state this to the Bank in their response to the Invitation for Expressions of Interest. To the extent that a Consultant incurs input VAT on goods and services purchased in connection with the provision of services (e.g. VAT on airline ticket) which is not otherwise recoverable by the Consultant from the local tax authority, the gross cost to the Consultant of such expenses shall be treated as a reimbursable expense.
Funding Source: EBRD's budget.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions; however, Consultant selection and contracting will be subject to availability of funding.
Consultant Profile: Individual services are required. Firms may apply proposing services of an individual expert. The Consultant should have the following experience and expertise:
• Procurement expertise;
• Experience in project procurement support, in particular in the transport sector;
• Experience in project procurement following the procurement rules of the international financial institutions;
• Experience in drafting the Employer's requirements (technical specfications, bills of quantities and drawings etc);
• Experience in procurement of work under FIDIC contracts;
• Russian language skills are essential.
The Consultant is expected to have approximately 10 years of experience in 3 similar projects.
In order to determine the capability and experience of candidates seeking to be selected for this assignment, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarising how he/she satisfies the requirements as defined above under Consultant Profile;
2. CV which should be detailed and include full descriptions of roles responsibilities carried out;
3. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link: http://www.ebrd.com/pages/workingwithus/procurement/notices/csu/contact_sheet.doc
Responses to the notification are to be submitted in English, through eselection no later than the closing date.
EBRD's Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Tel: + 44 20 7338 7556
1. The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. Consultants will not be asked to submit a proposal. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected from a shortlist and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
2. Consulting firms (proposing individuals) and individuals may apply. Consulting firms nominating an individual expert shall submit a complete individual application for each expert via eSelection.
3. The evaluation criteria are as follows:
• Experience in project procurement support, in particular in the transport sector - 30%
• Experience in project procurement following the procurement rules of the international financial institutions including drafting the Employer's requirements - 40%
• Experience in procurement of work under FIDIC contracts - 30%.