Executing Agency (Client): Public Enterprise for State Roads
The Client Contact Person: Mr. Zoran Slamkov
Address: Public Enterprise for State Roads
Dame Gruev 14, 1000 Skopje, FYR Macedonia
Tel: + 389 2 3118 044
Fax: + 389 2 3220 535
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development ("EBRD" or the Bank") is providing a loan of up to EUR 64 million to the Public Enterprise for State Roads (“PESR”, the “Company”). The transaction will enable the Company to finance the improvement of a 37 km single carriageway section on the A4 highway in FYR Macedonia (the “Project”). The proposed road improvement works will include reconstruction and widening of the road pavement to provide a single carriageway road with two 3.5 m wide traffic lanes and two 2.2 m wide hard shoulders.
The Project will require the following works contracts:
• Works contract for the existing carriageway between Interchange Tri Cesmi-Interchange Stip South and 2. Bucim-Radovis;
• Works contract for the construction of a new section on a new alignment between the intersection Stip South and Bucim;
• Construction Supervision contract for the two works contracts.
It is envisaged that PESR will also be required to tender routine, winter and emergency maintenance for the road sections included in the project for a period of at least 5 years after the completion of construction works in the contract to a private company. Implementation of the project will be overseen by a Project Implementation Unit (“PIU”) consisting of members of PESR and other relevant stakeholders.
PESR now intends to engage a consultant (the “Consultant”) to provide support to develop a suitable contractual structure for the construction and rehabilitation contracts. The Consultant will also support PESR in developing an approach to tender the maintenance works competitively after the finalization of the construction works subsequent maintenance contracts for the Stip-Radovish section.
The Consultant’s specific tasks will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Assisting PESR in developing an appropriate contractual structure for the construction and rehabilitation contracts for the Stip-Radovish road section;
• Preparing a suitable approach to introduce competitively tendered maintenance contracts for the Stiph-Radovish section;
• Providing assistance to the PIU with the tender process, including but not limited to: publication of tenders, pretender meetings, clarifications to tenderers, public opening of tenders, tender evaluation, including participation in evaluation committees, contract clarifications and signing; and
• Assisting PESR with the management / administration of the works, supervision engineer contract(s), the digital archiving component and the reporting to EBRD as required under the relevant financing documents.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q4 2016 and has an estimated overall duration of 60 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 250,000 (exclusive of VAT). The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the Assignment will be financed by the EBRD Shareholder Special Fund. Selection and contracting is subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant shall be a firm or group of firms preferably with previous project experience in the design, procurement and engineering supervision (including environmental and social requirements) of projects in the road sector financed by international financial institutions. Additionally, the Consultant should have previous international experience in providing consulting services for the implementation of road projects in a similar environment. Since knowledge of local legislation will be required for the Assignment, the Consultant is expected to engage local companies or individual experts with relevant expertise in its team.
The Consultant’s team shall be composed of the following key experts in the following areas:
• Key Expert 1: Project Manager
• Key Expert 2: Road Engineer/Expert
• Key Expert 3: Environmental Expert
• Key Expert 4: Procurement Expert
All key experts should have previous international project experience relevant to the Assignment and in their proposed roles.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
(a) brief overview of the firm/group of firms including company profile, organisation and staffing;
(b) details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, percentage carried out by consultant in case of association of firms or subcontracting, main activities, objectives;
(c) CVs of key experts and non-key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
(d) Completed Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The expression of interest shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs and contact sheet). One original and one copy (hard copies) of the complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) shall be submitted to the Client in English in an envelope marked EXPRESSION OF INTEREST for “Shtip-Radovish Road Section - Consultancy Services for Project Implementation”, to reach the Client not later than the closing date. One additional copy shall by sent to the Bank’s contact person by email (pdf) in one file by the same due date.
EBRD Contact Person
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 6369
1. The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. Consultants will not be asked to submit a proposal. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected from a shortlist and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
2. Expressions of interested will be evaluated against the following criteria:
a. Firm’s previous experience in the design, procurement and engineering supervision (including environmental and social requirements) of projects in the road sector financed by international financial institutions previous experience in the management and implementation of projects in the road sector – 30%
b. Firm’s previous experience in undertaking procurement projects under International Financial Institution (“IFI”) procurement rules, preferably related to projects in the road sector– 30%
c. Calibre of CVs of Key Experts and team composition in accordance with the consultant profile – 40%