Executing Agency (Client):
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
The Client Contact Person:
Mr. Uran Raimbekov, Deputy CEO
JSC Bishkekteploset Zhukeeva-Pudovkina, 2/1,
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic email@example.com
Tel: +996 772 539793
The EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 6338
Fax: +44 20 7338 7451
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD” or the “Bank”) has developed a project (the “Project”) together with Bishkek District Heating Network Company (the “Company”) to modernise the district heating (“DH”) system in the City of Bishkek (“Bishkek” or the “City”) in the Kyrgyz Republic.
The Client now intends to retain a consulting company (the Consultant) to support the Company and its Project Implementation Unit in all aspects of the Project implementation, including preparation of design, technical specifications, tender documentation, assistance with tendering, tender evaluation and contract finalisation, administration and supervision of the contract implementation including the implementation of the Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP), as well as set up of the disbursement system (the Assignment).
The overall objective of the Consultant is to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the Project by rendering assistance to the Company, as the ultimate assets owner, in the implementation of the Project, including design, all aspects of procurement and disbursement and environmental and social (“E&S”) requirements.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
- Review and make recommendations on updates (when necessary) to the Project Procurement Plan, including updating of initial cost estimates and setting priorities between the Project components.
- Provide project management support to the PIU as required, including appropriate design and preparation of technical specifications; contract supervision and administration; and implementation of the ESAP, environmental and social management and monitoring plan, Stakeholder Engagement Plan (“SEP”) and preparation of annual environmental and social reports to the Bank.
- Review the existing designs and/or prepare missing designs for the existing pump station reconstruction, SCADA system and construction of the new pump station in accordance with Kyrgyz construction norms and requirements for procurement of works.
- Assist the Company in developing tender documents (including, but not limited to, design, requirements and technical specifications, EHSS requirements for contractors), carrying out tender procedure, preparing evaluation report and contract, and submit the necessary documents to the Company and EBRD for their concurrence and “no-objection”.
- Provide overall project management support to the Company to co-ordinate, manage, monitor and evaluate all aspects of the Project.
- Ensure that the Company will arrange payments to the contractor, to whom payment has been certified, to ensure that all such payments are made in due time, and that appropriate control and record systems are in place to ensure compliance with financiers and the country reporting requirements.
- Provide support for the supervision of works and administration of contracts.
- Support the arrangement of timely disbursements under the contracts.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in February 2017 and has an estimated overall duration of 36 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 600,000 (exclusive of VAT).
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed by the Technical Cooperation Funds managed by EBRD. Selection and contracting is subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with preferably previous project experience related to:
- The provision of project implementation support, engineering design services and contract supervision services, including specific experience in the district heating sector, preferably in the region and;
- Projects involving the procurement policies and rules of international financial institutions (such as the EBRD, World Bank or others) as applicable construction works and acquiring the equipment for the projects in comparable climatic and geological conditions.
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
- Key Expert No 1: Project Manager with preferably 10 years or more of previous professional experience in operations of a district heating network and in the municipal district heating sector in Central Asia, preferably in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Key Expert No 2: IFI Procurement and Contracts Experts with preferably 10 years or more of previous professional comparable experience in similar assignments in the district heating sector in Central Asia, preferably in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Key Experts No 3: Financial and Disbursement expert with preferably 10 years or more of previous practical experience in Financial Consultancy to Communal Enterprises preferably District Heating Enterprises;
- Key Experts No 4: International District Heating Engineer with preferably 10 years of practical international experience in design and supervision of procurements and construction works in district heating projects;
- Key Experts No 5: Local District Heating Engineer with preferably 10 years of practical experience in design and supervision of procurements and construction works in district projects including construction and/or remediation of district heating networks gained in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Key Expert No 6: International District Heating Designer with preferably 10 years of practical experience in design works for district heating networks using modern design software applicable to district heating network design;
- Key Expert No 7: Local District Heating Designer with preferably 10 years of experience in design works for district heating networks using modern design software applicable to district heating network design;
- Key Expert No 8: Environmental, Health & Safety and Social experts with preferably 10 years or more of previous professional experience in the successful implementation of comparable assignments and with demonstrated knowledge of the environmental and social standards of the EBRD or other comparable institutions;
- Key Expert No 9: Construction Supervisor Engineers with preferably 10 years of practical experience in similar Projects.
(Pool of Additional Experts) consisting of local support staff (translator, office manager, secretary)
All experts shall have all the relevant professional qualifications/certificate and licenses required under the applicable laws in the Republic of Kyrgyz for performing the role for which they are proposed in the contract.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
4. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The expression of interest shall not exceed 20 pages (excluding CVs Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) should be submitted, in English and Russian via email (pdf) to the Client’s contact person, to reach the Client not later than the closing date. One additional copy shall reach the Bank’s contact person by the same due date. The expression of interest shall be one file (pdf). The Client reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if any limitation on the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
1. Following this invitation for expressions of interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Consultant selection and contracting will be subject to availability of funding.
2. The shortlist criteria are as follows:
- The provision of project implementation support, engineering design services and contract supervision services, including specific experience in the district heating sector, preferably in the region (30%);
- Projects involving the procurement policies and rules of international financial institutions (such as the EBRD, World Bank or others) as applicable construction works and acquiring the equipment for the projects in comparable climatic and geological conditions (20%);
- CV of Key Expert No1 (10%)
- CV of other 8 Key Experts (40%)