Invitation for tenders
This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which was published on the EBRD website, Procurement Notices (www.ebrd.com) on August 07, 2015 and latest updated on January 7, 2019.
Municipal Enterprise “ZhytomyrTeploKomunEnergo” of the Zhytomyr City Council hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”, has received a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the Bank) and a grant from the Eastern Europe Energy Efficiency and Environment Partnership (E5P) towards the cost of Zhytomyr District Heating Project.
The Employer now invites sealed tenders from contractors for the following contract to be funded from part of the proceeds of the loan and grant:
Biomass CHP including design and supply of the equipment and materials, installation, testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning of a new biomass CHP in boiler house RK-11 at Atamanov Sokolovskykh str. It is envisaged to procure the biomass CHP plant with a heat supply to the network of minimum 2.5 MW at the district heating network temperature schedule of supply 95 oC and return 70 oC, with a one wood chip-fired steam boiler including automated fuel supply and storage with all auxiliary equipment and a 1.9-2.4 MW gross electrical generation condensing turbine with a generator and a dry cooler tower at 100% load including auxiliary equipment. Required efficiency of boiler is not less than 88% minimum at fuel moisture content of 50%, and the maximum acceptable fuel moisture content shall be 55%.
The Contract includes the following works:
- Building of foundations for the turbine, the boiler and the storage with moving floor,
- Construction of a new building for the CHP, and
- Adaptation of the existing chemical water treatment building area in the boiler house RK-11 at Atamanov Sokolovskykh str. for the new CHP water treatment system installation.
The Contract is expected to be completed within nineteen (19) months after the effective date.
The biofuel boiler unit and auxiliary equipment including flue gas cleaning system shall be financed from the proceeds of the E5P grant, while the remaining equipment including the turbine and the electrical generator and works shall be financed from the proceeds of the Bank’s loan. More information is provided in the tender document.
The tenderer will be required but not limited to meet the following minimum criteria, as specified in Tender documents:
- The Tenderer shall have successful experience as prime contractor in the execution of at least 5 (five) completed contracts of a nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contract over a 10 (ten) years period ending on the deadline for tender submission. The nature and complexity of the project comparable to the proposed contract should mean the supply and installation of the similar type and size of equipment in the countries with similar climatic conditions, having been in successful operation at least for 1 (one) year prior to submission of the tender. Relevant references and Completion and Taking-Over Certificates shall be provided.
- The Tenderer or its local service agent shall be able to carry out the maintenance, warranty, repair and spare parts stocking obligations prescribed in these Tender Documents for 3 (three) years, as well as maintain all equipment included to the scope of supply. The Tenderer shall inform how these obligations will be met in the event of a contract.
- The average annual turnover over the last five years is not less than Euro 16,000,000 (sixteen million) equivalent.
- The Tenderer must have access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means sufficient to meet the construction cash flow for the contract for a period of 3 (three) months, estimated as not less than Euro 1,800,000 (one million eight hundred thousand) equivalent, taking into account the tenderer’s commitments for other contracts.
- The Tenderer has a Litigation History without major claims. A consistent history of awards against the Tenderer or any partner of a joint venture may result in failure of the application. The Tenderer shall provide accurate information on any current or past litigation or arbitration resulting from contracts completed or under his execution over the last 5 (five) years.
- The tenderer possesses a suitably qualified personnel and shall provide CVs and ensure their availability to fill the following key positions:
- Project Manager (at least 15 years of total experience, 5 years of experience in similar works and 3 years of experience as manager for similar works),
- Design Manager (at least 10 years of total experience, 5 years of experience in similar works and 3 years of experience as manager for similar works),
- Engineer of the welding works (at least 10 years of total experience, 5 years of experience in similar works and 3 years of experience as manager for similar works), and
- Construction Manager (at least 10 years of total experience, 5 years of experience in similar works and 3 years of experience as manager for similar works).
- The Tenderer shall demonstrate it is able to meet licensing requirements as per Ukrainian legislation. These may include construction license, design license or availability of certified designers, permission of the State Authority of Ukraine for labour issues (Derzhgirpromnaglyad/Derzhpratsya). If such licenses and permissions are available at the time of the tender submission, copies shall be provided. Otherwise, the Tenderer shall provide the copies of all required licenses with the second stage proposal. Tenderers are permitted to use specialist subcontractors to meet the licensing requirements, or, if not yet available, by the time of the contract award. If tenderer is not in a position to provide the Employer with the appropriate licences at the time of the contact award, his tender shall be rejected.
- The goods, materials, works and equipment under this Tender Document shall be designed, manufactured and supplied in accordance with the appropriate Ukrainian laws, codes and regulations and they shall conform to the respective European and international standards. The contractor and the manufacturers of the key equipment shall possess ISO 9001 certificate or equivalent. The tenderer is required to provide a copy of ISO 9001 certificates with its proposal. In case of discrepancies between state and international standards, the preference shall be given to the standards with more strict requirements.
- Participation of joint ventures, associations and consortia (JVCA) is permitted. JVCA must satisfy the following minimum qualification requirements:
- The lead partner shall meet not less than 50 percent of all the qualifying criteria for turnover and financial position specified above;
ii) Each other partner shall meet not less than 25 percent of all the qualifying criteria for turnover and financial position specified above;
The JVCA must satisfy collectively the criteria (a) – (h) stated above.
- If the Tenderer proposes to use named subcontractors or suppliers for some components of the works or supplies under the Contract in excess of 10 percent of the total value of the Contract, the Tenderer shall provide the information in the forms provided in Attachment 2 to Qualification Form (1) Letter of Application, Volume I.vi of the Tender Documents for each proposed subcontractor or supplier. The Tenderer cannot use the references of such subcontractors or suppliers to satisfy the qualification criteria (except for the licences, if appropriate).
The Tenderer shall demonstrate that the proposed supplier or subcontractor adequately meets the requirements regarding special experience, namely the successful experience of implementation during the last 5 (five) years of the obligations of the contractor (prime one or subcontractor) under at least 3 (three) contracts with comparable scope and/or nature and complexity compared to works/supply proposed to be subcontracted. The Employer reserves the right to require the replacement of the proposed sub-contractors.
The qualification requirements are further detailed in the Tender Documents.
Tendering for contracts to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank and E5P grant is open to firms from all countries. The proceeds of the Bank’s loan and E5P grant will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
Tender documents may be obtained from the office at the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of EUR 200 (two hundred Euro) for non-resident Tenderers and equivalent of the mentioned sum in Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH) at National Bank rate of the payment day for Ukrainian tenderers. This fee includes expenses for duplication, delivery via registered express courier and communication services (VAT inclusive, and exclusive of Bank commission and other fees, which shall be paid by the tenderer). The method of payment will be direct deposit to any of the specified account numbers for respective currency:
For payments in EUR:
Account number (EUR) – 26000924430684
Beneficiary’s bank: JSB “UKRGASBANK”, UKRAINE, KYIV;
Correspondent Bank: Deutsche Bank AG, Frankfurt Am Main, Germany, SWIFT: DEUTDEFF
Correspondent account: 100 9470808 00.
Beneficiary: Municipal Enterprise “ZhytomyrTeploKomunEnergo" of the Zhytomyr City Council
Name in Cyrillic: Комунальне підприємство "Житомиртеплокомуненерго" Житомирської міської ради
For payments in UAH:
Комунальне підприємство «Житомиртеплокомуненерго» Житомирської міської ради
Р/р 26007055905883 в ЖРУ ПАТ КБ «Приватбанк» м. Житомир
Адреса: 10014, м. Житомир, вул. Київська, 48
An invoice could be provided upon written request from the Tenderer.
It is necessary to state in the payment document:
- the name of the payer;
- name of the Beneficiary (Municipal Enterprise “ZhytomyrTeploKomunEnergo”) of the Zhytomyr City Council) and
- details of payment: for tender documents on the project Biomass CHP (tender document No. 2.1 Biomass CHP)
Before payment the tenderers must send a scanned copy of the signed official request for the tender documents receipt. This request must include the full Name of the Tenderer, its requisites, the address where the tender documents must be delivered to and the name of the tender. After this request, the Employer will issue the invoice to be paid.
Upon receiving appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee, the documents will be promptly dispatched by courier, however, no liability can be accepted for loss or late delivery. In addition, if requested by the tenderer, the documents can also be dispatched electronically, by email or via a file exchange server. In the event of discrepancy between electronic and hard copies of the documents, the hard copy shall prevail.
A two stage tender procedure will be adopted and will proceed as follows:
- the First Stage tender will consist of a technical proposal only, without any reference to prices. Following evaluation by the Employer of the First Stage tenders, the Employer will invite each tenderer who meets the qualification criteria and who has submitted a technically responsive tender to a clarification meeting. The proposals of all such tenderers will be reviewed at the meeting and all required amendments, additions, deletions and other adjustments will be noted and recorded in a Memorandum. Only qualified tenderers submitting a technically responsive and acceptable First Stage tender will be invited to submit a Second Stage tender.
- the Second Stage tender will consist of an updated technical tender incorporating all changes required by the Employer as recorded in the Memorandum to the clarification meeting or as necessary to reflect any amendments to the tender documents issued subsequent to submission of the First Stage tender; and the commercial tender.
A pre-tender meeting/site visit will be held on May 16, 2019, starting at 10:00 a.m. at the address: 48, Kyivska Street, Zhytomyr, Ukraine.
All requests for clarification must be received by the Employer till May 23, 2019, 17:00 p.m. (local time).
Please, note that it is not allowed to send the requests for clarification after the deadline.
First Stage tenders must be delivered to the address below on or before July 02, 2019, 10:00 a.m (local time). Late Tenders will be rejected.
Tenders will be opened in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who wish to attend, at the address stated below, at 10:00 hours (local time), on July 02, 2019.
All Second Stage tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Security of EUR 120,000 (one hundred twenty thousand Euro) or equivalent in Ukrainian Hryvna at the rate of the National Bank of Ukraine on the date of the Tender Security issue, and must be delivered to the address below on or before the time and date of the submission deadline specified in the Letter of Invitation to submit Second Stage tenders, at which time they will be opened in the presence of the tenderers’ representatives who wish to attend.
The applicable procurement rules are the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R, Rev. October 2014) which can be located at:
Prospective tenderers may obtain further information from, and also inspect and acquire the tender documents at the following office.
Mr. Vladyslav Zheleznyi
Mr. Maksym Zhuk
Municipal Enterprise “ZhytomyrTeploKomunEnergo” of the Zhytomyr City Council
48 Kyivska Street, 10014, Zhytomyr, Ukraine, Room 43, Floor 4
+380 412 471930
+380 412 471933
Mandatory copy: email@example.com