The deadline for submission of proposals has been extended until 31 January 2019, 17:00 GMT
Response to requests for clarification can be accessed by clicking on the following link: http://www.ebrd.com/documents/transport/corridor-vc-p3-in-federation-of-bosnia-and-herzegovina-lenders-monitor.docx
Single Stage Open Competitive Selection - Request for Proposals
Project Description: The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development ("EBRD" or the "Bank") is providing a sovereign loan of up to EUR 180 million to Bosnia and Herzegovina (“BiH”) to be on lent to the Motorways of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (the "Client", the "Company" or the "FBHM"). FBHM is established as a limited liability company wholly owned by the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina ("FBH"). The transaction will enable the Company to construct three new sections of Corridor Vc which consist of tunnel Ivan and two motorway sections (Poprikusa - Nemila and Mostar South Interchange - Tunnel Kvanj) with a total length of approximately 15.8 km (the "Project"). The Project is a follow on operation to the Bank’s previous projects for the construction of new sections of Corridor Vc in FBH with a total length of approximately 100 km.
The Project will be implemented by a Project Implementation Unit ("PIU") within FBHM.
Assignment Description: The Bank now wishes to engage a Lender’s Monitoring Advisor ("LMA", the “Consultant”) to assist the Bank in monitoring the implementation of the Project (the "Assignment").
The overall objectives of the Assignment are to:
- Review of draft tender documents;
- Monitor tender evaluation and contract award;
- Monitor and audit the performance of the clients and their consultants;
- Monitor the implementation of the contracts on behalf of the Bank;
- Monitor the implementation of mitigation measures included in the Environmental and Social Action Plan, EBRD Performance Requirements (“PR’s”) compliance with EU Environmental, Health and Safety (“EHS”) requirements; and
- Identify any key problems which may threaten the successful implementation of the Projects so that corrective action can be taken.
The full Terms of Reference for the Assignment can be accessed through the following link: http://www.ebrd.com/documents/procurement/tors-76443.docx
Consultant Selection Procedure: Single Stage Open Competitive Selection: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit a Technical and Financial Proposal.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to begin in January 2019 and have an estimated overall duration of 36 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 125,000 (exclusive of VAT).
The Consultant must determine whether any VAT would be chargeable on the services and the basis for that determination, without taking into consideration the specialist status of the Bank as an IFI and state this to the Bank in their response to the Invitation for Request for Proposals. To the extent that a Consultant incurs input VAT on goods and services purchased in connection with the provision of services (e.g. VAT on airline ticket) which is not otherwise recoverable by the consultant from the local tax authority, the gross cost to the consultant of such expenses shall be treated as a reimbursable expense.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed by the EBRD Shareholder Special Fund (the "EBSF"). Final selection and contracting is subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions based on the consultant's country of origin.
Consultant Profile: The Consultant will be a firm or consortium of firms with preferably relevant and substantive project experience in the following areas:
- monitoring implementation of infrastructure projects;
- construction project cost control and disbursements;
- environmental, health, safety, labour and social management and monitoring on construction projects in line with good international practice; and
- working in the Western Balkans or countries with comparable conditions.
The Consultant will provide one international expert as the lead consultant for this assignment.
The Lead Consultant should have:
- Preferably 10 years or more of relevant professional experience in the motorways sector, including at least 5 years in monitoring/supervising/verifying projects in the motorways sector;
- Previous experience in the Western Balkans.
- Good knowledge of the procedures and rules of procurement of international financial institutions, such as the World Bank, EIB, ADB or EBRD.
The Consultant’s team will be able to efficiently operate in English.
Submission Requirements: The Consultants are now invited to submit a completed Technical and Financial Proposal as per the standard templates and instructions available at this link: http://www.ebrd.com/documents/procurement/single-stage-package.docx.
Interested Consultants should make themselves familiar with these Standard Templates, Standard Instructions and Conditions of Contract in preparation of their proposals.
1. The Technical Proposal shall be submitted in English electronically via eSelection not later than the Closing Date, as one single PDF file. The technical proposal should not exceed 25 pages excluding the Declaration Form and CVs (Form 1 - TP 1 and Form 1 - TP-6).
2. The Financial Proposal (Form 2 - FP-1 and FP2) shall be submitted in English separately by email only to the Bank Contact Person. Consultants are reminded of the requirement to ensure the confidentiality of the Financial Proposals. A Technical Proposal that contains elements of a Financial Proposal shall be declared non-responsive.
Bank Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
For the avoidance of doubt, technical proposals should be sent through eSelection and NOT to this email address. Financial Proposals should be sent to this email address and NOT through eSelection.
Deadline to Submit Clarification Questions: Via email to the Bank Contact Person by 2 January 2019.
Selection Method and Evaluation Criteria:
1. Technical Proposal Evaluation Criteria:
(a) Firm’s previous project experience in the field of institutional and commercial management and monitoring of construction projects in line with good international practices as well as experience in the implementation of IFI financed infrastructure projects (35%).
(b) Firm’s previous project experience in infrastructure projects in Western Balkans (30%).
(c) CVs of Key Expert(s) and Local Expert(s) (35%).
The minimum technical score (St) required to pass is 70.
2. Opening of Financial Proposals
After the technical evaluation is completed, only the submissions which score 70 or above of the total marks available for the technical criteria will be eligible to have their financial proposals opened.
3. Combined Technical and Financial Evaluation
The lowest evaluated Financial Proposal (Fm) is given the maximum financial score (Sf) of 100. The formula for determining the financial scores (Sf) of all other Proposals is calculated as follows:
Sf = 100 x Fm / F, in which "Sf" is the financial score, "Fm" is the lowest evaluated Financial Proposal, and "F" the price of the Proposal under consideration.
Proposals are then ranked according to their combined technical (St) and financial (Sf) scores using the weights (T = 80; F = 20) T + F = 100 as follows: S = St x T% + Sf x F%.
1. The proposal validity period is 120 days from the deadline date for the receipt of submissions. During this period, the Consultant shall maintain its original Proposal without any change, including the availability of the Experts, the proposed rates and the total price.
2. The selection will be made from the Proposals received in response to this notification only, on the basis of the submission requirements and selection criteria set out in this Procurement Notice. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected and invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
3. Any updates of and clarifications on this Procurement Notice shall be announced as updates on this Notice, without any other notification. In the event of changes, Consultants will need to download the updated versions. Consultants are required to periodically check the Notice for updates. Failure to take the updates into account while preparing the Proposal may result in disqualification or penalties to the scores in the evaluation.