Executing Agency (Client):
JSC "Fond Razvitiya ZHKH"
Turan Ave, 65, Astana, Kazakhstan
The Client Contact Person:
JSC "Fond Razvitiya ZHKH"
Turan Ave, 65, Astana, Kazakhstan
Phone: +7 (7172) 49-56-94
The EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 7371
Fax: +44 20 7338 7451
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD” or the “Bank”) is considering lending to JSC “Fund for Housing Development” (the “Fund”, the "Company" or the “Borrower”), wholly owned by the Government of Kazakhstan (the “GOK”) to co-finance the National programme for installation of heat and hot water metering devices in district heating facilities in Kazakhstan (the “Programme”).
The second direction of the Fund's activity is a programme for Individual Heat Sub-stations (“IHS") installation ("IHS Programme"). The Fund plans to implement pilot installations of IHSs in 5-7 cities in Kazakhstan.
The Fund is also considering installation of automated meter reading and control systems for electricity (“ASKUE”) in several cities.
The Fund now intends to retain a consulting company (the “Consultant”) to develop the programme for IHS installation including the assessment of the Programme's adequacy vis-à-vis best international standards and practices as applicable (the “Assignment”).
The expected outcome of the Assignment is that the IHS and ASKUE programmes are developed for the Fund.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
• Economic and financial viability assessment of IHS installation in multi-flat houses in Kazakhstan;
• Assessment of potential water and energy savings from IHS installation for residents and heat suppliers;
• Review of institutional arrangements between heat supply utilities and residential consumers in relation to IHS installation;
• Legal assessment and drafting of documents necessary for the Programme implementation.
• Development of the eligibility criteria for the clients applying for participation in IHS Programme;
• Development of pilot IHS programme for several cities and assistance to the Fund in its implementation
• Development of the IHS Installation Programme for the Fund for installation of his in 5-7 cities taking into account results of pilot IHS Programme;
• Preparation of technical specifications for IHS components and installation;
• Development and update of the Environmental and Social Procedures for the Fund to ensure IHS Programme and installation is carried out with due consideration to the environment, health and safety, labour and social matters in line with EBRD requirements.
The Consultant shall also provide recommendations for implementation of the ASKUE pilot project for 1-2 cities if requested by the Fund along the same lines as above.
The Terms of Reference for the Assignment can be accessed here.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q1 2017 and has an estimated overall duration of 6 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 200,000 (exclusive of VAT).
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the Assignment will be funded by EBRD Shareholder Special Fund. Please note that selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility criteria.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with previous project experience related to:
1. development and implementation of IHS installation projects of a comparable nature, scale and complexity to the Assignment in Eastern Europe and/or former CIS countries and with similar climatic conditions;
2. implementing assignments in accordance with the procedures and rules of International Financial Institutions (or similar), such as the World Bank or EBRD.
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
a Key Expert No 1 Team Leader with preferably 10 years of professional experience in comparable assignments in the district heating sector in in Eastern Europe and/or the CIS countries and with similar climatic conditions; and experience of working with IFIs (or similar);
b Key Expert No 2 Senior District heating, IHS and ASKUE engineer with preferably 5 years professional experience in comparable assignments in the district heating sector in Eastern Europe and/or the CIS countries and with similar climatic conditions;
c. Key Expert No 3 District heating, IHS and ASKUE engineer with previous professional experience in the successful implementation of similar assignments preferably in Kazakhstan.
c. Key Expert No 4 Senior Lawyer with preferably 5 years of professional experience and good knowledge of Kazakhstan legislation, preferably in the housing and utilities sector;
d. Key Expert No 5 Institutional and regulatory Expert with preferably 5 years of professional experience and good knowledge of local legal environment related to housing and communal services and tariff regulation issues in Kazakhstan;
e. Key Expert No 6 Environmental, health and safety and Social expert with preferably 5 years of previous professional experience in the successful implementation of comparable assignments and with demonstrated knowledge of the environmental and social standards of the EBRD or other comparable institutions;
f. Key Expert No 7 Procurement Expert with preferably 5 years of professional experience and good knowledge of IFI (or similar) procurement rules;
All key experts shall be fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Russian language by key experts is essential. If some of experts do not speak Russian, the consultant should demonstrate that they arranged for high quality translation.
Non-key experts are expected to include junior technical, legal and environmental experts.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. Proposed approach, work plan and methodology.
4. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
5. Financial proposal presented in the breakdown of costs format using the template via the following link.
6. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The above information shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs, Consultant Declaration, Contact Sheet and Financial Proposals).
The expression of interest (including Section 1 – 4 and 6 of the Submission Requirements above) WITHOUT THE FINANCIAL PROPOSAL should be submitted, in English and Russian via clearly named email (pdf) to the Client’s contact person, to reach the Client not later than the closing date and time. One additional copy shall reach the Bank’s contact person by the same due date. The document shall be one file (pdf). The Client reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if any limitation on the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
In a separate email, the Financial Proposals should be submitted, in English and Russian via clearly named email (pdf) to the Bank’s contact person only, to reach the Bank not later than the closing date and time.
Please note that a breach of this submission procedure may lead to exclusion of the selection process.
1. The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected from a shortlist and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
2. The evaluation criteria for the technical proposals are as follows:
(a)Firm’s previous project experience in development and implementation of IHS installation projects of a comparable nature, scale and complexity to the Assignment in Eastern Europe and/or Central Asia and with similar climatic conditions – 15 %
(b) Firm’s previous project experience in implementing assignments in accordance with the procedures and rules of International Financial Institutions, such as the World Bank or EBRD (or similar) – 15%
(c) Proposed approach to the assignment, work plan and methodology – 20%
(d) Proposed team of key experts – 40%
(e) Availability of junior staff, knowledge of Russian and offices in Kazakhstan or video-link facilities – 10%
The minimum technical score (St) required to pass is: 80.
Please note that only the Financial Proposals from Consultants passing the minimum technical score (St) will be opened.
The lowest evaluated Financial Proposal (Fm) is given the maximum financial score (Sf) of 100.
The formula for determining the financial scores (Sf) of all other Proposals is calculated as following:
Sf = 100 x Fm/ F, in which “Sf” is the financial score, “Fm” is the lowest price, and “F” the price of the proposal under consideration.
The weights given to the Technical (T) and Financial (P) Proposals are:
T = 85 and
P = 15
Proposals are ranked according to their combined technical (St) and financial (Sf) scores using the weights (T = the weight given to the Technical Proposal; P = the weight given to the Financial Proposal; T + P = 1) as following: S = St x T% + Sf x P%.