Executing Agency (Client):
JSC "Fond Razvitiya ZHKH"
The Client Contact Person:
JSC "Fond Razvitiya ZHKH"
Turan Ave, 65, Astana, Kazakhstan
Phone: +7 (7172) 49-56-94
The EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 7371
Fax: +44 20 7338 7451
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD” or the “Bank”) is considering lending to JSC “Fund for Housing Development” (the “Fund”, the "Company" or the “Borrower”), wholly owned by the Government of Kazakhstan (the “GOK”) to co-finance the National programme for installation of heat and hot water metering devices in district heating facilities in Kazakhstan (the “Programme”).
The Fund was established by GOK in 2012. The Fund’s mission is to conduct special programs in the municipal housing infrastructure sector, as approved by GOK. At the moment GOK has approved the DH metering and Individual Heating Substations (IHS) installation program in residential houses in the country. The main operations of the fund involves heat meters purchase and lease to local district heating companies.
The Fund now intends to retain a consulting company (the “Consultant”) to develop and strengthen the Fund’s key procedures related to credit, technical and (the “Assignment”).
The expected outcome of the Assignment is the Fund’s institutional capacity and operations are enhanced.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services to support the Fund in:
• critical appraisal and enhancement of existing operating policies and procedures related to credit, technical and environmental assessment of potential risks related to the project;
• development of procedures for assessment of creditworthiness/credit rating of utilities;
• development of procedures for verification of utilities eligibility for the project; review and improvement of existing accounting and reporting systems;
• establishment of management information system;
• development of procedures for verification for monitoring of lease contracts’ compliance and of financial performance of lessee;
• implementation of Stakeholder Participation Programme (“SPP”);
• assisting the Fund in implementing environmental and social procedures that are needed to achieve compliance with EBRD’s Performance Requirements (“PRs”);
• maintaining the performance and the financial covenants as stated in the project loan agreement.
The Terms of Reference for the Assignment can be accessed here.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q1 2017 and has an estimated overall duration of 12 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 100,000 (exclusive of VAT).
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the Assignment will be funded by EBRD Shareholder Special Fund. Please note that selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility criteria.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with previous project experience related to:
1. development and implementation of corporate development programs for leasing companies of a comparable nature, scale and complexity to the Assignment;
2. management of complex assignments in organizations comparable to the Client and involving multiple stakeholders.
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
a Key Expert No 1 Team Leader/ Leasing operations expert with preferably 10 years of previous professional experience in financial institutions sector in project management of complex similar assignments in organizations comparable to the Client;
b Key Expert No 2 Financial-MIS expert with preferably 5 years of previous professional experience in comparable assignments in the financial institutions sector; additional experience in municipal infrastructure sector will be an advantage;
c. Key Experts No 3 Legal and Regulatory expert with preferably 5 years or more of previous professional experience in the successful implementation of similar assignments and good knowledge of Kazakhstan legislation and local tariff regulation;
d. Key Expert No 4 Environmental and Social expert with preferably 5 years or more of previous professional experience in the successful implementation of comparable assignments and with demonstrated knowledge of stakeholder participation and of the environmental and social standards of the EBRD or other comparable institutions.
All key experts shall be fluent in written and spoken English. It is essential that the Consultant’s team contains some experts fluent in Russian. If some of experts do not speak Russian, the consultant should demonstrate that they arranged for high quality translation.
Non-key experts are expected to include junior accounting, leasing and financial experts.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. Proposed approach, work plan and methodology.
4. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
5. Financial proposal presented in the breakdown of costs format using the template via the following link.
6. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The above information shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs, Consultant Declaration, Contact Sheet and Financial Proposals).
The expression of interest (including Section 1 – 4 and 6 of the Submission Requirements above) WITHOUT THE FINANCIAL PROPOSAL should be submitted, in English and Russian via clearly named email (pdf) to the Client’s contact person, to reach the Client not later than the closing date and time. One additional copy shall reach the Bank’s contact person by the same due date. The document shall be one file (pdf). The Client reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if any limitation on the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
In a separate email, the Financial Proposals should be submitted, in English and Russian via clearly named email (pdf) to the Bank’s contact person only, to reach the Bank not later than the closing date and time.
Please note that a breach of this submission procedure may lead to exclusion of the selection process.
1. The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected from a shortlist and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
2. The evaluation criteria for the technical proposals are as follows:
(a) Firm’s previous project experience in development and implementation of corporate development programs of a comparable nature, scale and complexity to the Assignment – 15%
(b) Firm’s previous project experience in project management of complex assignments in organizations comparable to the Client and involving multiple stakeholders – 15%
(c) Proposed approach to the assignment, work plan and methodology - 20%
(d) Proposed team of key experts – 40%
(e) Availability of junior staff, knowledge of Russian and offices in Kazakhstan or video-link facilities – 10%
The minimum technical score (St) required to pass is: 80.
Please note that only the Financial Proposals from Consultants passing the minimum technical score (St) will be opened.
The lowest evaluated Financial Proposal (Fm) is given the maximum financial score (Sf) of 100.
The formula for determining the financial scores (Sf) of all other Proposals is calculated as following:
Sf = 100 x Fm/ F, in which “Sf” is the financial score, “Fm” is the lowest price, and “F” the price of the proposal under consideration.
The weights given to the Technical (T) and Financial (P) Proposals are:
T = 85 and
P = 15
Proposals are ranked according to their combined technical (St) and financial (Sf) scores using the weights (T = the weight given to the Technical Proposal; P = the weight given to the Financial Proposal; T + P = 1) as following: S = St x T% + Sf x P%.