Executing Agency (Client): State Unitary Enterprise (SUE) "Khizmatrasonii Naqliyoti Sanitari"
Project Description: The City of Khujand (the “City”) has approached the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD” or the “Bank”) to request assistance to further improve the solid waste management situation in the City by financing a second phase priority investment program (the “PIP”) or (the “Project”). Total investments are expected to be approximately USD 5 million, consisting of a loan of up to USD 2.5 million from the Bank and a capital expenditure grant of up to USD 2.5 million from an international donor.
Assignment Description: The Client now intends to retain a consulting company (the “Consultant”) to support the Company to set up and oversee the PIU in all aspects of Project implementation, including preparation of design, technical specifications, tender documentation, assistance with tendering, tender evaluation and contract finalisation, administration and supervision of the contract implementation, as well as set up of the disbursement system (the “Assignment”).
The expected outcome of the Assignment is the successful procurement of works and goods in accordance with the EBRD’s Procurement Policies and Rules, and successful and timely completion of the Project.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
- Overall project management support;
- Design and preparation of technical specifications;
- Technical supervision.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q3 2016 and has an estimated overall duration of 40 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 500,000 (exclusive of VAT).
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: EUR 295,000 is expected to be provided by EU’s Investment Facility for Central Asia (“IFCA”). The balance of the resources is expected to be funded from EBRD managed donor funded programme. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no consultant nationality eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with previous project experience related to:
- The provision of project implementation support, engineering design services and contract supervision services, including specific experience in the solid waste sector;, preferably in the region and;
- Projects involving the procurement policies and rules of international financial institutions (such as the EBRD, World Bank or others) as applicable construction works and acquiring the equipment for the projects in comparable climatic and geological conditions.
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
a) Key Expert No: 1 Project Manager with preferably five (5) years or more of previous professional experience in operations of a landfill and in the municipal solid waste sector in Central Asia, preferably in Tajikistan.
b) Key Expert No 2 IFI Procurement, Contracts and Disbursement Expert with preferably 5 years or more of previous professional comparable experience in similar assignments in the municipal solid waste sector in Central Asia, preferably in Tajikistan.
c) Key Expert No: 3 Local Project Manager with preferably five (5) years or more of previous professional experience in design and project management experience gained in Tajikistan.
d) Key Expert No: 4 International Solid Waste Engineer with preferably five (5) years of practical international experience in design and supervision of procurements and construction works in solid waste management projects including construction and/or remediation of solid waste landfills.
e) Key Expert No: 5 Local Solid Waste Engineer with preferably five (5) years of practical experience in design and supervision of procurements and construction works in solid waste management projects including construction and/or remediation of solid waste landfills gained in Tajikistan.
f) Key Expert No 6: International Municipal Solid Waste Designer with preferably five (5) years of practical experience in design works for solid waste landfills using modern design software applicable for landfill design.
g) Key Expert No 7: Local Municipal Solid Waste Designer with practical experience in design works for solid waste landfills using modern design software applicable for landfill design;
h) Key Expert No 8 Environmental, Health & Safety and Social expert with preferably five (5) years or more of previous professional experience in the successful implementation of comparable assignments and with demonstrated knowledge of the environmental and social standards of the EBRD or other comparable institutions.
Pool of Additional Experts consisting of local support staff ( translator, office manager and others).
All experts shall have all the relevant professional qualifications/certificate and licenses required under the applicable laws in Tajikistan for performing the role for which they are proposed in the contract.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
4. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The expression of interest shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
One original and two copies of the expression of interest, in English and Russian, should be submitted to the Client in an envelope marked “EXPESSION OF INTEREST for KHUJAND SOLID WASTE PROJECT, PHASE II – PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION SUPPORT, ENGINEERING DESIGN SERVICES, and CONTRACT SUPERVISION" to reach Client not later than Friday, 13 May at 16:00 Dushanbe time. In addition, electronic copies should be submitted to both the Client’s and EBRD’s contact persons by email or on a CD by the same due date.
The Client Contact Person:
Mr. I. Kalandarov
State Unitary Enterprise (SUE) "Khizmatrasonii Naqliyoti Sanitari"
Rahmon Nabiev Avenue 195, Khujand City
Republic of Tajikistan
Fax: +992 3422 40571
Tel: +992 3422 61853
The EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 6338
Fax: +44 20 7338 7451
1. Following this invitation for expressions of interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Consultant selection and contracting will be subject to availability of funding.
2. The shortlist criteria are as follows:
(a) Consultancy firm's experience in the provision of project implementation support, engineering design services and contract supervision services, including specific experience in the solid waste sector, preferably in the region – 30%;
(b) Consultancy firm's experience in projects involving the procurement policies and rules of international financial institutions (such as the EBRD, World Bank or others) as applicable construction works and acquiring the equipment for the projects in comparable climatic and geological conditions – 25%;
(c) CV of Key Expert No 1 – 10%;
(d) CVs of Other Key Experts – 35 % (5 % per each key expert).