Development of GIS and hydraulic modelling ("The Assignment")
Single Stage Open Competitive Selection – Request for Proposals
Executing Agency (Client):
Vitebsk Regional Communal Unitary Enterprise of Water Supply and Sewerage System «Vitebskoblvodokanal» (4-3 Zamkovaya Street, 210026 Vitebsk, Belarus)
The Client Contact Person:
Ms. Elena Puko, Head of PIU «Vitebskoblvodokanal»
4-3 Zamkovaya Street, 210026 Vitebsk, Belarus
Tel/Fax: +375 29 118 07 92 / +375 21 268 00 26
The Vitebsk Regional Communal Unitary Enterprise of Water Supply and Sewerage System «Vitebskoblvodokanal» (the Client) has requested the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD” or the “Bank”) to provide funding to finance Belarus Water Sector Framework, 2nd phase – Orsha Wastewater Project (the Project).
The Client now intends to select and contract a consulting company (the Consultant) to the Assignment, on the basis of the Request for Proposal (RFP).
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
- Preliminary analysis of available maps topographic data;
- Development of a digital map of the water supply system;
- Development of a hydraulic model of the existing water supply system;
- Setting of criteria for assessment and modernization of the existing systems;
- Elaboration of measures on pressure control in the water supply network;
- Demand-based zoning of the water supply system (marking the zones where consumption is measured);
- Provision of recommendations on number, locations and parameters of required metering equipment (flow, pressure) to be supplied and installed under the SCADA project;
- Elaboration of options for the network modernisation and selection of the preferred option.
Consultant Profile: The Consultant shall be a firm or a consortium of firms with substantive experience and knowledge of the water sector with clear understanding of specifics of project works in the region. The Consultant shall have:
- expertise and experience in development of digital maps and hydraulic modelling of water supply systems;
- expertise and experience of work on similar assignments in the regions with the climate conditions similar to the ones in the Project area.
The Consultant's expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
- Project Manager/ Water Engineer;
- Water Engineer;
- Software, GIS Engineer;
- Hydraulic Engineer;
- Electrical/Automation Engineer
The proposed experts should have at least 10 years of general experience and 5 years of experience for the position for which they are proposed.
Consultant Selection Procedure: Single stage open competitive selection
Interested firms or groups of firms are invited to submit a Technical and Financial Proposal.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in April 2020 and has an estimated overall duration of 4 months.
Input estimate for the Assignment: The estimated input of the key experts will be 14 person-months.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed by EBRD loan. Selection and contracting is subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions based on the consultant's country of origin.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected, the consultant shall submit a Proposal in accordance with the RFP. This RFP will be provided to the Consultants by the Client in response to his request at the address above.
Link to relevant RFP
1. The selection will normally be made from the Proposals received in response to this notification only, on the basis of the selection criteria set out in the RFP. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
2. Any updates of and clarifications on this procurement notice and/or the RFP shall be announced as updates on this notice, without any other notification. In the event of changes to the RFP, consultants will need to download the updated version of the RFP. Consultants are required to periodically check the notice for updates. Failure to take the updates into account while preparing the Proposal may result in disqualification or penalties to the scores in the evaluation.