Extension of Deadline
Invitation for Tenders
Construction of new traction substation (TCS-15) with capacity of 2х1600 kVA and trolleybus line “Hetman Mazepa Street – Pivdennyi Blvd – Pivnichnyi Blvd”
This Invitation for Tenders is published following the General Procurement Notice for this project, which was published on the EBRD in Procurement Opportunities on website (www.ebrd.com) on 03 April 2017 with subsequent updates.
Communal Enterprise “Electroavtotrans” (the Employer) has received a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the Bank) towards the cost of Ivano-Frankivsk Trolleybus Project.
The Employer now invites sealed tenders from Contractors for the following contract to be funded from part of the proceeds of the loan:
- Construction of new traction substation (TCS-15) with capacity of 2х1600 kVA and trolleybus line “Hetman Mazepa Street – Pivdennyi Blvd – Pivnichnyi Blvd”
This Contract includes: design (updating of the existed design), construction of new traction substation TCS-15, laying of 10 kV and 600V cable lines, construction of trolleybus line “Hetman Mazepa Street – Pivdennyi Blvd – Pivnichnyi Blvd” and installation of the SCADA and ASKOE systems.
Scope of works shall include: supply, updating of the existed design (working drawings stage “РП”), construction works, installation, connection, testing and commissioning of the new traction substation, construction of catenary network and providing of necessary additional services (training, etc.).
Time for Completion – 540 days (18 months.)
Tendering for contracts to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank is open to firms from all countries. The proceeds of the Bank’s loan will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
To be qualified for the award of the Contract, the Tenderer shall demonstrate to the Employer that it substantially satisfies the requirements regarding experience, personnel, equipment, financial position and litigation history, specified below:
- History of non-performing contracts. The Tenderer shall provide accurate information about all current and past litigation or arbitrary matters resulting from contracts competed or under execution within the last 5 (five) years. A consistent history of judicial decisions against the Tenderer or any partner of a joint venture may result in rejection of the tender.
- Financial situation.
2.1. Historical financial performance The Tenderer’s audited balance sheets, or if not required by the law of the Tenderer’s country, other financial statements acceptable to the Employer, for the last 3 (three) years that demonstrate the soundness of the Tenderer’s financial position, showing long-term profitability. Where necessary, the Employer will make inquiries with the Tenderer’s banks.
2.2. Average Annual Turnover. Average annual turnover as prime Contractor (based on financial accounts by the Tenderer) for the last 3 (three) years amount of EUR 3,000,000 (three million) equivalent.
2.3. Financial Resources. The Tenderer shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means sufficient to meet the construction cash flow for the contract for a period of 3 (three) months, estimated as not less than EUR 350,000 (three hundred and fifty thousand) equivalent, taking into account the applicant's commitments for other contracts.
- Experience. The Tenderer shall meet the following minimum criteria:
- General experience: Successful experience in the execution of contracts as Main Contractor no less than 2 (two) projects in the amount at least EUR 1,000,000 (one million) for each of similar nature and complexity of proposed that have been successfully and substantially completed within last 7 (seven) years. Conformity shall base on physical size, complexity, methods/technologies or other characteristics that described in the Volume III “Requirements”.
- Specific experience:
For the above or other contracts, a minimum number of similar contracts specified below (Similarity is based on physical volume, complexity, methods / technology or other characteristics as described in Volume III «Requirements". Summary number of contracts with low price (less than the price indicated in the request) to meet the total requirement will not be accepted) that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed (Significant completion should be based on 80% (eighty percent) or more of the contract implementation) as a Main Contractor, JVCA member (For contracts for which the Tenderer was a partner of the JVCA or the Subcontractor, only the role and responsibilities of the Tenderer will be considered in order to comply with this requirement. In the case of JVCA, the amount of contracts completed by its partners will not be summed up to determine compliance with the minimum contract requirement. Instead, each contract executed by the partner, taken into account in accordance with the requirement, must be the minimum amount of one contract that is required for the individual company. In determining whether the JVCA meets the requirements of the total number of contracts, only the number of contracts completed by the partners, each amount equal to or greater than the required minimum value, should be summarized) or Subcontractor:
For the above and any other contracts completed or being in the process of realization under implementation as a Main Contractor, JVCA member or Subcontractor during the time period indicated below:
- Confirmed substantial experience of supply, installation and commissioning of at least 3 (three) traction substations for municipal public transport for the last 7 (seven) years in the countries with climatic and technical conditions similar to Ukraine. Experience should be confirmed by providing copies of Operational Acceptance and Hand-Over Certificates;
- The Tenderer shall demonstrate that at the time of submission of the Tender, at least 1 (one) traction substation that indicated in para i.(a) above, which was installed by the Tenderer, is successfully operated within 2 (two) years after the commissioning. Relevant evidence (copies of the Operational Acceptance and Hand-Over Certificates) must be provided by the Tenderers;
- The tenderer shall also demonstrate experience in design of traction substations of municipal electric transport with capacity of 2х1000 kVA in the amount of at least 1 (one) similar projects for the last 5 (five) years.
- The Tenderer shall demonstrate that works implementation tempo is equivalent to the ones, required for the implementation of the project.
- Personnel qualification. The Tenderer shall provide properly qualified personnel for staffing which shall comply with the further provided experience requirements for the following positions:
Position – Total experience (years)/ Execution of similar works (years) / Management of similar works (years)
- Project Manager – 10 / 5 / 5
- Chief Design Engineer – 10 / 7 / 5
- Traction Substation Design Electrical Engineer – 7 / 5 / -
- Public Electric Transport Catenary Network Design Electrical Engineer – 7 / 5 / -
- Lead Civil Engineer – 10 / 7 / 5
- Electrical engineer (Traction and switchgear substations) – 7 / 5 / -
- Electrical engineer (contact lines and switchgear network) – 7 / 5 / -
- Quality Engineer – 5 / 4 / -
- Quantity Surveyor – 3 / 2 / -
- Health and Safety and Environmental Protection Engineer – 3 / 2 / -
- Technical infrastructure. The tenderer shall own, or have assured access to (through hire, lease, purchase agreement, consent to purchase, availability of manufacturing equipment and production capability manufacturing equipment, or other means), the following key items of machine, plant, items of equipment in full working order, and must demonstrate that, based on known commitments, they will be available for use in the proposed contract.
Besides, the Tenderer may also list alternative equipment which he would propose to use for the contract, together with an explanation of the proposal.
Type of Equipment (Minimal characteristics) – Required minimum number
- Extensible crane, type AP-17 (or equivalent) (Crane reach is 7.5 m) – 2;
- Vehicle for repair of the catenary network, type AT-70 (or equivalent) (Platform lift height is 6.0 m Platform insulation resistance is 2 Mega ohms) – 4;
- Single-scoop diesel excavator with pneumatic-tyred towed rollers (Scoop capacity - 0.6 m³) – 1;
- Single-scoop diesel excavator with suspension system (Scoop capacity 0.25 m³) – 2;
- Vehicle-mounted crane (Load carrying capacity 25t) – 1;
- Grader (Capacity 120 h.p.) – 1.
- The joint ventures, consortiums and associations (hereinafter – “JVCA”) shall satisfy the following minimal qualification requirements:
- Leading partner of the JVCA shall meet at least 60% (sixty percent) of all qualifying criteria for general experience and financial position specified above.
- Other partners of the JVCA shall meet at least 30% (thirty percent) of all qualifying criteria for general experience and financial position specified above.
The JVCA must satisfy collectively the criteria for general and specific experience, personnel and equipment capabilities and financial position stated above, for which purpose the relevant figures for each of the partners shall be added to arrive at the joint venture’s total capacity. Each member individually shall satisfy the requirements for audited balance sheets, eligibility and litigation history.
- Subcontractors and Suppliers
In those cases, when the Tenderer offers to employ specific subcontractors and/or suppliers for execution of part of works or conduct supplies under the Contract, the amount of which exceeds 10% (ten percent) of the Contract Price, the Tenderer shall provide information in accordance with the forms in Volume I.vii Tender Qualification – Forms for each proposed subcontractor or supplier. The Tenderer shall not use references of such subcontractors or subsuppliers.
- Aftersales Maintenance
The Tenderer of its local representative shall fulfil the provided in Technical documents obligations concerning technical maintenance, warranty maintenance, repair and provision with the spare parts, as well as maintenance of all the equipment, included into the shipment, within 3 (three) years.
The Tenderer shall provide information if there are active service centers and/or storehouses within the country of the Employer for technical maintenance and repair of the equipment.
Tender documents may be obtained from the office at the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of EUR 100 (one hundred) or equivalent in a convertible currency, which should be paid to Communal Enterprise “Elektroavtotrans” to the following bank details:
- For the Ukrainian Tenderers upon payment of the specified amount in Hryvnias at the interbank rate on the day of payment to the account:
Payee: Communal Enterprise “Elektroavtotrans”
Payee’s Account no.: IBAN UA903204780000026001924865300
Payee’s Bank: PJSC “Ukrhazbank”
Bank Code (MFO): 320478
- For foreign Tenderers upon payment of the specified amount to the account:
Payee: Communal Enterprise “Elektroavtotrans”
Payee’s Account no.: 26001924865300
Payee’s Bank: PJSC “Ukrhazbank”
Payee’s Bank Address:
Deutsche Bank AG, Frankfurt Am Main, Germany, SWIFT: DEUTDEFF
100 9470808 00
The Tenderer shall state the purpose of payment “Payment for receiving tender documents under Ivano-Frankivsk Trolleybus Project of the Contract “Construction of new traction substation (TCS-15) with capacity of 2х1600 kVA and trolleybus line “Hetman Mazepa Street – Pivdennyi Blvd – Pivnichnyi Blvd”.
The EUR 200 payment includes expenses for tender document preparation and communication services (including VAT and excluding the Bank fee and other fees to be paid by the Tenderer).
Upon receiving appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee, the tender documents shall be distributed electronically in PDF and MS Word formats to the email address, indicated in the written request; however, no liability can be accepted for non-delivery or late delivery. In the event of any discrepancy between PDF and MS Word versions of the documents, the PDF version shall prevail.
A Pre-tender meeting will take place on January 13, 2020 at 11:00 am local time at the address below.
Tenders must be delivered to the office at the address below on or before February 19, 2020 at 11:00 am local time, at which time they will be opened in the presence of those Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend.
All tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Security of EUR 50,000 (fifty thousand) or the equivalent amount in another freely convertible currency or in the Ukrainian Hryvnia, determined at the official rate(s) of the Ukrainian Hryvnia against foreign currencies established by the National Bank of Ukraine as of the date of the tender security issue.
The applicable procurement rules are the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R, Rev. November 2017) which can be located at: https://www.ebrd.com/work-with-us/procurement/policies-and-rules.html
A register of potential Tenderers who have purchased the tender documents may be inspected at the address below.
Prospective Tenderers may obtain further information from, and inspect and acquire the tender documents at, the following office:
Contact name: Vitalii Holutiak – Director of “Elektroavtotrans” Communal Enterprise
Executing agency: “Elektroavtotrans” Communal Enterprise
Address: 40, Troleibusna Street, Ivano-Frankivsk, 76008, Ukraine
Tel: +38 (0342) 584568
Fax: +38 (0342) 584568