Single Stage Open Competitive Selection – Request for Proposals
Executing Agency (Client):
Name of Entity selecting and contracting the Consultant
Republican Unitary Enterprise ”Minskavtodor-Center”
37 Kalvariyskaya street, Minsk, the Republic of Belarus
The Client Contact Person:
Mr. Pavel Chirkun, Procurement Specialist
37 Kalvariyskaya str., Minsk, the Republic of Belarus
Tel: + 375 17 259 85 25
The Ministry of Transport and Communications has requested the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“EBRD” or the “Bank”) to provide funding to finance Reconstruction of P-80 automobile road section Sloboda – Papernya km 0.000 – km 14.770 including the development of institutional strengthening measures for the road sector.
The Client now intends to select and contract a consulting company (the Consultant) to the Assignment, on the basis of the Request for Proposal (RFP) in attachment.
The expected outcome of the Assignment is an independent examination of the road works carried out by the Contractors in charge of the works and the Supervision Consultants in charge of the associated supervision, in order to determine whether the organizational, technical, contractual and financial activities and related results comply with the requirements of the contracts and technical specifications, and whether these activities are implemented effectively and are suitable to achieve the objectives of the project.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
1. Visual examination of construction sites including Contractor’s and Supervisor’s site facilities
a. Visual examination of entire site;
b. Visual examination of Contractor’s and Supervisor’s facilities including contractor’s offices, engineer’s offices, contractor’s laboratories, asphalt and concrete plants, base camps, quarries, stock piles, materials at sites.
2. Assessment of overall bearing capacity of the construction layers and final structure of the road
a. bearing capacity survey of the sections of road with commissioned construction layers or final structure of the road (using Benkelman Beam or Pavement Deflectometer (FWD) equipment);
b. Consultant’s identification, detailed description and analysis of areas of pavement that have already been arranged; provision of opinion and recommendations on damaged sections;
c. provision of final statement on inspection results.
3. Assessment of overall riding quality of the completed:
a. testing of riding quality on just constructed/completed sections;
b. conduction of inspection to identify damaged areas of pavement providing a detailed description of nature of distress in case of identification of such damage;
c. assessment of pavement in accordance with the criteria specified in the Terms of Reference.
4. Inspection of the Contractor’s documents and Engineer’s records
a. reviewing Contractor’s documents and Engineer’s reports;
b. recording all findings obtained during reviews in Audit reports, disclosing these findings during working meetings with the Client (if needed).
5. Examination of road, drainage and bridge works, providing statement on compliance of the performed works with the Contract requirements including:
a. statement on compliance of all materials with specification requirements;
b. statement on compliance with all construction standards.
6. Coring, sampling and laboratory testing
Inspections of equipment of Contractor’s laboratory to be compliant with the specifications. The Consultant shall also inspect the results of existing laboratory tests taken in the course of road reconstruction works.
Consultant Selection Procedure: Single stage open competitive selection
Interested firms or groups of firms are invited to submit a Technical and Financial Proposal.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in May, 2019 and has an estimated overall duration of 7 months.
Input estimate for the Assignment: The estimated input of the key experts will be 2.7 man-months.
Subject to availability of funding, the performance of the selected Consultant and the specific needs of the Client the Assignment may be extended beyond the current scope.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed by EBRD. Selection and contracting is subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions based on the consultant's country of origin.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected, the consultant shall submit a Proposal in accordance with the Request for Proposals - link to the RFP
1. The selection will normally be made from the Proposals received in response to this notification only, on the basis of the selection criteria set out in the RFP. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
2. Any updates of and clarifications on this procurement notice and/or the RFP shall be announced as updates on this notice, without any other notification. In the event of changes to the RFP, consultants will need to download the updated version of the RFP. Consultants are required to periodically check the notice for updates. Failure to take the updates into account while preparing the Proposal may result in disqualification or penalties to the scores in the evaluation.