Invitation for Tenders
Procurement of Works for the rehabilitation of water supply system
This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which was published on European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the Bank) website, Procurement Notices (www.ebrd.com) on 1st September 2017.
Municipal Enterprise Kyzyl-Kiya Water Company, hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”, intends using part of the proceeds of a loan from the Bank towards the cost of Kyzyl-Kiya Water Project.
The Employer now invites sealed tenders from contractors for the following Contract ‘Kyzyl-Kiya - Rehabilitation of water supply system’ to be funded from part of the proceeds of the loan. The contract includes
- Wells rehabilitation and Disinfection Systems at “Kulushtan” and “Tak-Tek” groundwater intake facilities,
- Replacement of 4 pumps on pumping station “Isfairam-sai” river water intake facility,
- Rehabilitation of the Water treatment plant in “Kyzy-Kiya”,
- Rehabilitation of about 32.5 km of water supply distribution network in the Urban “Kyzyl-Kiya”, and
- Procurement and partly installation of customer meters and bulk water meters at the intake facilities.
Tendering for contracts to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank is open to firms from any country.
The Time for Completion is 480 days including a 1 month’s allowance for mobilisation. The Time for Completion (construction period) is followed by a 1-year (365 days) Defects Notification Period.
To be qualified for the award of a Contract, tenderers must satisfy i.a. the following minimum criteria:
- History of non-performing contracts
The Tenderer, or any partner in a JVCA, shall not have a consistent history of litigation and/or arbitration resulting in awards against the Tenderer, or any partner in a JVCA, within the last 5 (five) years.
- Historical Financial Performance
The Tenderer and each partner in case of JVCA shall submit audited balance sheets for the last three (3) years which should demonstrate the soundness of the Tenderer’s financial position by showing long-term profitability.
- Average Annual Turnover:
The Tenderer shall have an average annual turnover as Contractor or JVCA Contractor (defined as billing for works in progress and completed) over the last 3 years of not less than EURO 10 million or the equivalent.
- Financial Resources:
The Tenderer shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means sufficient to meet the construction cash flow for the contract for a period of 4 (four) months, estimated as not less than EURO 1,500,000 for either lot or the equivalent, taking into account the applicant's commitments for other contracts.
- General Experience
Experience under contracts in the role of contractor or management contractor for the last 5 years prior to the tender submission deadline, and with activity in at least nine (9) months in each year.
- Specific Experience
(a) Participation as contractor or management contractor in at least one (1) contract within the last five (5) years, each with a value of at least EUR 5,000,000 (5.0 M EUR), that has been successfully and substantially completed and that is similar to the proposed Works. The similarity shall be based on the physical size, complexity, methods/technology or other characteristics as described in Section VI, Employer’s Requirements.
b) For the above or other contracts executed during the period stipulated in (a) above, a minimum experience in the following 2 key activities:
- 3 Contracts in the field of rehabilitation or construction of water supply networks in urban areas with a value of at least EUR 1,000,000 (1.0 M EUR). Of these 3 Contracts, at least 1 Contract must include a permanent pumping station with a capacity > 100l/s.
- 1 Contract in the field of rehabilitation or construction of water treatment plants with a value of at least EUR 250,000 (0.25 M EUR)
- Joint Ventures
Joint ventures (JVCA) must satisfy collectively all the qualification criteria, for which purpose the relevant figures for each of the partners shall be added to arrive at the joint venture's total capacity:
- All partners must meet requirement of “General Experience” working as contractor in the last 5 years at least 9 months;
- The lead partner and all partners combined must meet requirement of (vi) “Specific Experience” (a); For the 2 key activities mentioned under (vi) (b) the lead partner must provide at least 2 contracts while each other partner must provide at least 1 contract.
- The lead partner shall meet at least sixty (60%) percent of the minimum qualifying criteria for “Average Annual Turnover” (iii) and “Financial Resources” (iv);
- Other partners shall meet at least twenty (20%) percent of the minimum qualifying criteria for “Average Annual Turnover” (iii) and “Financial Resources” (iv);
Tender documents (including a data storage device for electronic version of the tender document to be filled in) may be obtained from the office at the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of 100 Euro or equivalent in another convertible currency or Kyrgyz Som at the exchange rate of the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic on the date of payment.
Payments shall be made to:
Beneficiary name: Municipal Enterprise “Kyzylkiya -Suukanal”PIU - Jamaldi nov Ruslan Arapbaevich
Bank name:The branch of OJSC “Commercial Bank Kyrgyzstan” Kyzyl Kiya city
Account name: 1032020202374432
Personal tax reference number: 20806198800676
Correspondent bank: Raiffeisen Zentralbank Osterreich AG
Upon receiving appropriate evidence of payment (with indication of company details, address and email on transfer voucher) of the non-refundable fee, the documents will be promptly dispatched by courier, however, no liability can be accepted for loss or late delivery. Documents can also be dispatched electronically after the presentation by the prospective tenderer of appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee. In the event of any discrepancy between electronic and hard copies of the documents, the hard copy shall prevail.
All tenders must be accompanied by a tender security of Euro 55,000 and consistent with paragraph 19.1 of the Instructions to Tenderers (ITT)].
Tenders must be delivered to the office at the address below on or before 9th April 2019 at 14:00 local time, at which time they will be opened in the presence of those tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend.
The applicable procurement rules are the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R) which can be located at:
A register of potential tenderers who have purchased the tender documents may be inspected at the address below.
Prospective tenderers may obtain further information from, and inspect and acquire the tender documents at, the following office:
Mr. Rouslan Zhamaldinov
Municipal Enterprise Kyzyl-Kiya Water Company – PIU Suukanal
127 Zhusubalieva Street, Kyzyl-Kiya, 720300, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel: +996 555 280 008
Fax: +996 3657 51596