Invitation for Tenders
Invitation for tenders stage I
Kara Suu Water Project – Package II
Wastewater Treatment and Disposal
This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project, which was published on the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (referred to herein as “the Bank”) website, Procurement Notices (https://www.ebrd.com/work-with-us/procurement/notices.html ) on 8th June 2018.
Municipal Enterprise of Kara Suu city “Kara Suu – Taza Suu”, hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”, intents using part of the proceeds of loans received by the Kyrgyz Republic herein referred as “the borrower” from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the European Investment Bank (EIB) and grant from the European Union’s Investment Facility for Central Asia (EU IFCA), administered by EBRD, towards the cost of Kara Suu Water Project targeting rehabilitation and upgrade of the water supply and wastewater treatment infrastructure in the city of Kara-Suu.
The Employer now invites sealed Tenders from Contractors for the following contract to be funded from part of the proceeds of the loans / grant:
“Kara Suu Water Project – Package II Wastewater Treatment and Disposal”
The contract includes:
- Design and construction of a biological wastewater water treatment plant for a design hydraulic capacity of 97 m³/h and a design pollution load capacity of 7,700 PE60 (1 PE60 corresponds to a BOD5 load of 60 g per day);
- Selection of an effluent discharge point (recipient waterbody or other viable outlet) and obtainment of all required permits / licences;
- Depending on the selected effluent discharge point, if required, design and construction of a treated effluent pumping station and transmission pipeline, from the effluent pumping station to the effluent discharge point, with a design capacity of 313 m³/h;
- Depending on the selected effluent discharge point, if required, design and construction of infrastructure (e.g. storage or infiltration basins) for effluent disposal with a design capacity of 97 m³/h.
The Conditions of Contract shall be FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build (first edition 1999).
The Time for Completion is 730 calendar days, including a 1 month’s allowance for mobilisation. The Time for Completion (construction period) is followed by a 1 year (365 calendar days) Defects Notification Period.
Eligibility and Qualification Criteria
Tendering for contracts to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank is open to firms from all countries. The proceeds of the Bank’s loan will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
To be considered qualified a Contractor (hereinafter referred as “Tenderer”) must demonstrate to the Employer that it substantially satisfies the requirements regarding experience, personnel, equipment, financial position, non-performance history and other requirements specified in detail in the Tender documents and presented briefly below:
- General Experience
The Tenderer shall have an average annual turnover (defined as annual earnings, expressed in its equivalent of a defined currency) as a contractor over the last 5 (five) years of EUR 2,000,000 (Euro two million) equivalent.
- Specific Experience
The Tenderer shall meet the following minimum criteria:
- Successful experience as a contractor (prime or subcontractor) in the execution of at least 2 (two) contracts of a magnitude comparable to the proposed contract within the last 10 (ten) years. For assessment purposes the values of the referred contracts shall be not less than the equivalent of EUR 1,200,000 (Euro one million two hundred thousand);
- The Tenderer or the lead partner in a JVCA shall have acted as a main contractor in 1 (one) contract of a similar magnitude within the last 10 (ten) years. For assessment purposes the values of the referred contracts shall be not less than the equivalent of EUR 1,200,000 (Euro one million two hundred thousand);
Successful experience (signed and stamped Performance Certificate) as a contractor (prime or subcontractor) in the execution of at least 2 (two) contracts of a nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contract within the last 10 (ten) years. For assessment purposes the referred contracts shall include:
- Design, installation and commissioning of a wastewater treatment plant of a constructed capacity of at least 5,000 PE60, it shall comprise at least one biological treatment stage and sludge treatment stage (including sludge dewatering)
In addition, the following specific works experience shall be demonstrated:
- Design, installation and commissioning of a biological wastewater treatment plant of at least 5,000 PE60 under FIDIC Conditions of Contract (or similar)
- Financial Position
The Tenderer shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means sufficient to meet the construction cash flow for the contract for a period of 4 months, estimated as not less than EUR 275,000.00 (Euro two hundred seventy-five thousand) equivalent, taking into account the Tenderer's commitments in other contracts.
Tender documents may be obtained from the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of EUR 20 (Euro twenty) or equivalent in Kyrgyz Som (KGS) at the rate issued by the National Bank of Kyrgyzstan at the date of payment.
The Tenderer must ensure that the amount paid shall be exclusive of bank transfer expenditures. When making payment, please state as subject: “Tender Documents - KSWP Package II - Wastewater Treatment and Disposal”.
Employers Bank account details:
For payment in EUR, payments can be made by bank transfer, to the following account:
Beneficiary name: Municipal Enterprise “Kara-Suu Taza-Suu”
Bank name: Demir Kyrgyz International Bank Osh Datka branch, Osh city
Account name: EUR-1180000100524441
SWIFT (BIC): DEMIKG22
SWIFT (BIC): RZBAATWW
Correspondent bank: Raiffeisen Bank International AG
For payment in KGS, payments can be made by bank transfer, to the following account:
Beneficiary name: Municipal Enterprise “Kara-Suu Taza-Suu”
Bank name: The “RSK Bank” Open Joint Stock Company Kara-Suu BranchTIN: 02406199910105
Account No. (in KGS): 1290463230020584
Upon receipt of appropriate evidence of payment (with indication of company details, address and email on transfer voucher) of the non-refundable fee, the documents (CD-ROM with tender documents in electronic format) will be promptly despatched by courier, however, no liability can be accepted for loss or late delivery. If requested, the documents can be dispatched electronically at no cost.
A two stage tender procedure will be adopted and will proceed as follows:
- the First Stage Tender will consist of a technical proposal only, without any reference to prices and a list of any deviations to the technical and commercial conditions set forth in the Tender documents or any alternative technical solutions a Tenderer wishes to offer, and a justification therefore, provided always that such deviations or alternative solutions do not change the basic objectives of the project.
Following evaluation by the Employer of the First Stage Tenders, the Employer will invite each Tenderer who meets the qualification criteria and who has submitted a technically responsive tender to a clarification meeting. The proposals of all such Tenderers will be reviewed at the meeting and all required amendments, additions, deletions and other adjustments will be noted and recorded in a Memorandum. Only qualified Tenderers submitting a technically responsive and acceptable First Stage Tender will be invited to submit a Second Stage Tender.
(b) the Second Stage Tender will consist of an updated technical tender incorporating all changes required by the Employer as recorded in the Memorandum to the clarification meeting or as necessary to reflect any amendments to the Tender documents issued subsequent to submission of the First Stage Tender; and the commercial tender.
First Stage Tenders must be delivered to the address below on or before 20.11.2019, 14:00 local time at which time they will be opened in the presence of the Tenderers’ representatives who wish to attend.
The applicable procurement rules are the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R) which can be located at:
All Second Stage Tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Security of EUR 35,000.00 (Euro thirty-five thousand) or its equivalent in a convertible currency, and must be delivered to the address below on or before the time and date of the submission deadline specified in the Letter of Invitation to submit Second Stage Tenders, at which time they will be opened in the presence of the Tenderers’ representatives who wish to attend.
A pre-tender meeting including site visit will be held on 7.10.2019, 11:00 (local time) at the address specified in the Tender Documents.
All requests for clarification (in English only) must be received by the Employer no later than 14 (fourteen) days prior to the deadline for submission of the first stage tender. Please note that all the requests for clarification received after the deadline will not be addressed.
A register of potential tenderers who have purchased the tender documents may be inspected at the address below.
Prospective Tenderers may obtain further information from, and inspect and acquire the Tender documents at the following office:
Name of the Employer: Municipal Enterprise “Kara-Suu Taza-Suu”
Attention: Mr. Altynbek Shamshiev
Head of Project Implementation Unit
Address: Mayor’s Office of the Town of Kara-Suu; 2, Koushbakov str, 2nd floor, Accounting room
Postal Code: 723300
Country: Kyrgyz Republic
Telephone number: +996 (556) 65 28 65
Facsimile number: n/a
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org