INVITATION FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Supervision of Design and Construction Works
INTERCHANGE JOHOVAC (TOVIRA)-INTERCHANGE RUDANKA (KOSTAJNICA)
This Invitation for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project published on the Bank's Website on July 25, 2017.
The State of Bosnia and Herzegovina has signed loan agreement (The Loan) with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (The Bank) to finance the first priority section on Corridor Vc through Republic of Srpska in total length of 5,65 km from Interchange Johovac (Tovira) to Interchange Rudanka (Kostajnica) and to provide connection to the existing Banja Luka-Doboj motorway. The Republic of Srpska (the Beneficiary) intends to apply proceeds of the Loan toward the cost of civil works and consultancy services.
Public Company “Autoputevi Republike Srpske” ltd. (The Implementing Agency) will be responsible for implementation of the project. The Implementing Agency intends engaging consultants to assist in works supervision for the design and construction of 5,65 km of new Motorway including all related local roads and two following interchanges:
- T-Type Interchange Johovac (Tovira)
- Trumpet type Interchange Rudanka (Kostajnica)
The main objective of the assignment shall be to perform the duties and assume the authority of ‘the Engineer’ in accordance with the contract conditions which will be based upon the “Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design - Build” (FIDIC, Yellow Book), First Edition 1999, published by the Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils (FIDIC), and, in respect of contract administration procedures, ensure compliance with EBRD Procurement Rules and Policies (November 2017).
The consultant shall act in the role of the Engineer and its outputs shall have to comply with current local Laws and regulations concerning the design, construction, supervision, construction works quality control and environmental protection (Spatial Planning and Construction Law of the Republic of Srpska, Guidelines for Road Designing, Construction, Maintenance and Supervision, Environmental Protection Law in the Republic of Srpska, etc)
The construction supervision services shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Undertake the duties of the ‘Engineer’, as required by the relevant clauses of FIDIC, Yellow Book and the particular contract conditions as determined within the Construction Contracts,
- Undertake a full review of the Contractors design proposals and make recommendations as to their compliance or otherwise with the Employers requirements. Approve or otherwise in consultation with the Employer,
- Review and approve as require the contractors documents.
- Regularly inspect and accurately record the Contractors progress against his Construction programme; monitor and ensure the Contractors timely progress including all actions to retain progress. Ensure proper programming, recording, measurement and accounting of the works by means of appropriate management and measurement techniques
- Regularly inspect all design and construction works in progress in order to monitor and observe the Contractors compliance with all required design, construction, environmental, and safety standards, as well as good engineering practices.
- Determine the value of approved and accepted work and materials for interim and final payments to the Contractor
- Maintain up to date financial, works, labour, plant, safety and all associated daily site records. Provide all associated reports.
- Furnish timely assistance and direction to the Contractors in all matters including clarifications, unforeseen works, quality control, testing and the like
- Provide verification of site demarcation and compliance with required permits issued by competent local authorities, including for any asphalt plants and quarries, prior to the issue of the commencement order;
- Agree the contractors test programme; witness and approve tests of materials and completed works, and order re-tests as required;
- Order removal of sub-standard work and materials
- Assist in preparation of completion and handing over certificates, defects liability certificate and acceptance certificates
- Monitor the contractors compliance in meeting all Environmental obligations during both design and construction
The assignment is expected to start in August 2018 and last about two years.
The contract will be financed from the Loan proceeds, so consulting firms from any country are eligible for short listing and selection.
The proceeds of the Bank's loan will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations or under a law of official regulation of the Purchaser's country.
Interested firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest. A short list of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals following this invitation. The winning company or JVCA will be obliged by the time of the Contract signature to obtain all relevant licences and permits required by the laws of RS/BiH and necessary to carry out the services (both companies and individual). In order to determine the capability and experience of consulting firms seeking to be short listed, the information submitted shall include the following:
- Letter of Application;
- Company profile: name, status, address, telephone number, facsimile number, year of establishment, contact person for the project, e-mail of contact person, number of permanent staff and part-timers, fields of expertise;
- Applicant’s average annual turnover for the previous 3 (three) years and copy of available audited Financial statement for last 3 (three) years;
- Details of experience and description of assignments of an equivalent nature undertaken in the previous 5 (five) years, including the contracts value and location, number of staff involved in the contract, name of the Client, name of partners for contract execution, source of financing, type of services provided, contract commencement and completion dates, brief description of the contract. Any available reference letters from Employers of completed contracts should also be submitted.
CVs (max. two pages each ) of key staff who could be available to work on the assignment, clearly showing that their experience covers the main works activities above; positions should minimally include the following :-
- Resident Engineer
- Deputy Resident Engineers
- Design review experts [all disciplines]
- Construction Works experts [all disciplines]
- Materials experts
- Contracts/Financial experts
- Form of association (sub-contractor / joint venture) for the execution of the contract, if the case may be, and the lead company. The same information as for the lead company shall be requested for the associated company/companies;
- A list of on-going contracts including the start date, the end date and the personnel involved.
The Consultant shall simultaneously comply with the following minim requirements:
- The Consultant shall have experience in implementation of minimum 2 (two) construction supervision contracts of roads projects including T-Type Interchanges, in the last 5 (five) years, each supervision contract with the value of minimum EUR 2 million.
- The Consultant shall have experience in minimum 1 (one) contract related to the supervision of works for design and build of roads contracts in accordance with FIDIC Yellow conditions of contract in the last 5 (five) years;
- The Consultant shall have average annual turnover of the applicant for the past 3 years (three) must exceed EUR 1.5 million; and
- In case of Joint Venture Consortium and Association, the Leading Company shall meet not less than 60% of the required average annual turnover stated above.
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, financial statements, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet, etc.) (http://www.ebrd.com/pages/workingwithus/procurement/notices/csu/contact_sheet.doc), in English language plus one copy in the Client’s local language shall be submitted to the address below in an envelope marked “Expression of Interested for the Consulting Services: Supervision of Design and Construction Works on the Corridor Vc motorway: section Interchange Johovac (Tovira)-Interchange Rudanka (Kostajnica), not later than 22th of March , 2018, 12:00 hrs. (Local time):
Public Company “Autoputevi Republike Srpske” ltd. Banja Luka
Vase Pelagića br. 10, Banja Luka
Documents received after this date may be rejected and returned unopened upon written request at the applicant cost.
Evaluation criteria of EOIs:
1) Company Profile and general experience- 20%,
2) Particular Experience - 40%, experience as a Consultant under similar assignments (Design and build) related to motorway construction ,
3) Access to qualified experts: - 40%,
To demonstrate access to qualified experts the Consultants shall provide at least one CV for each position required for the implementation of the contract, as indicated above.
Procurement procedure: Procurement of the consultancy services will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the EBRD’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R) dated 1st November, 2017.
One shortlist of qualified firms will be prepared on the response to this invitation, after which short-listed firms will be invited to submit their proposals.
If the Consultant has been found by a judicial process or other official enquiry to have engaged in any of the Prohibited Practices as defined in the EBRD PP&R, details of the basis for the outcome of such process or enquiry shall be provided with the expression of interest.
The Employer reserves the right not to shortlist consulting firms that have been found to have engaged in any of the Prohibited Practices regardless of the results of technical evaluation of the expressions of interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (local time).
Public Company “Autoputevi Republike Srpske” ltd. Banja Luka
Vase Pelagića br. 10
78000 Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tel: +387 51 233 670
Fax: +387 51 233 700