What is the future of money? Are cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin a modern-day miracle or a mirage? We invited our very own Stuart Trow and Zeynep Gurguc from Imperial College London to help us resolve this week’s dilemma on our podcast Pocket Dilemmas. We also talked to Jelena Madir, Chief Counsel and our main blockchain expert, and Urmas Peiker, the founder of Funderbeam, the world's first primary and secondary marketplace for earlystage investments, secured by the blockchain.
As usual, the hosts of the Pocket Dilemmas podcast are Jonathan Charles and Kerrie Law.
Like what you hear? Review our podcast on iTunes, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet us @EBRD #EBRDdilemmas
You can rate, review and subscribe to Pocket Dilemma on ITunes, Spotify and Soundcloud, or wherever you get your podcasts.
- #AskDraghi: “A euro today is a euro tomorrow” – can the same be said for #bitcoin?
- Liberland : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberland
- Discussing IBM’s foray into blockchain – based payment systems -- https://www.cnbc.com/bitcoin/
- Mt. Gox faced questions long before crisis: Sources – https://www.cnbc.com/2014/03/30/mtgox-faced-questions-long-before-crisis-sources.html
- The US dollar to reign supreme for decades to come -- https://www.cnbc.com/2014/04/24/future-of-money-what-currencies-will-look-like-in-25-years.html