The 2023 Annual Meeting and Business Forum took place between 16 and 18 May in Samarkand, Uzbekistan, and brought together government officials, financial and corporate executives, entrepreneurs, civil society and media from all over the world.
The Board of Governors discussed and approved three resolutions. The first detailed the Bank’s support for Ukraine, including through a potential capital increase. The second gave the formal go-ahead for a limited expansion of EBRD activities to certain countries in sub-Saharan Africa, and the addition of Iraq to the Bank’s southern and eastern Mediterranean region. The third resolution outlined how the framework for managing the Bank’s capital would be modernised.
The Proceedings constitute the official record of the Thirty-second Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors.
- Actes de l’Assemblée annuelle 2023
- Protokoll der Jahrestagung 2023
- Отчет о Ежегодном заседании 2023 года
- Record of the Proceedings
- Address by the President of Uzbekistan
- Opening statement by the Chair of the Board of Governors
- Opening statement by the President of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Official written statements by the Governors for the following Members: Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, European Investment Bank, European Union, Finland, France and Germany, Georgia, Germany and France, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Republic of Korea, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Türkiye, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America and Uzbekistan
- Closing statement by the President of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Closing statement by the Chair of the Board of Governors
Documents submitted to the Board of Governors
Report of the Board of Directors: Amendment to Article 1 of the Agreement Establishing the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in order to enable the Limited and Incremental Expansion of the Geographic Scope of the Bank’s Operations to Sub-Saharan Africa and Iraq
Report of the Board of Directors: Amendment to Article 12.1 of the Agreement Establishing the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in order to Remove the Statutory Capital Limitations on Ordinary Operations
Resolutions adopted since the Thirty-first Annual Meeting
Resolutions adopted at the Thirty-second Annual Meeting
Resolution No. 259 Amendment to Article 1 of the Agreement Establishing the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development to enable a Limited and Incremental Expansion of the Geographic Scope of the Bank’s Operations to Sub-Saharan Africa and Iraq
- Officers of the Board of Governors and of the Procedures Committee for 2022-2023 and 2023-2024
- Members of delegations
- Representatives of international institutions
- Directors and Alternate Directors of the EBRD