Meetings with government, business representatives and civil society
Representatives of the Board of Directors of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) will arrive in Dushanbe on Wednesday 29 June for a visit to the Central Asian republic of Tajikistan. During their stay the Directors are planning to meet President Emomali Rahmon, First Deputy Chairman of the National Bank of Tajikistan and EBRD Governor Jamoliddin Nuraliev and other government representatives. The delegation will also meet representatives of the National Bank, the international community and civil society organisations.
The EBRD Board participants will be:
- Anthony Bartzokas, representing Greece and Portugal
- Raphael Bello, representing France
- Zbigniew Hockuba, representing Poland, Bulgaria and Albania
- Johannes Koskinen, representing Finland, Norway and Latvia
- Antonio Oporto, representing Spain and Mexico
- Johannes Seiringer, representing Austria, Israel, Cyprus, Malta, Kazakhstan and Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Frans Weekers, representing Netherlands, Mongolia, FYR Macedonia, Armenia and China.
Denis Morozov, Director for Russian Federation, Belarus and Tajikistan, will be host director. Natasha Khanjenkova, EBRD Managing Director for Turkey and Central Asia, will head a group of senior Bank management representatives who will be joining the visit together with the Board Directors.
The EBRD is a leading investor in Tajikistan and to date has committed more than €575 million through more than 100 projects in the country. The Bank’s aims to strengthen Tajikistan’s economic resilience and regional integration, helping the country to address global challenges through a focus on stabilising the banking sector, developing private enterprises and agribusiness, improving municipal services and improving energy supply.