Translated version of this PSD: Croatian
- Demonstration of successful restructuring and improved operational and financial efficiency of ViO Zagreb by implementation of Financial and Operational Improvement Programme (“FOPIP”).
- Performance benchmarking through which the Company will be involved in a sector-wide activity of monitoring and benchmarking of water sector companies, aimed at the promotion of economic efficiencies, setting standards for reporting, transparency and monitoring throughout the sector and hence improve accountability and knowledge sharing within the sector.
- Frameworks for Markets with transition impact deriving from the introduction of a new Public Service Agreement (“PSA”) between the Company, Zagreb Holding and the City of Zagreb, which is expected to secure a transparent formula for providing services that will take into account the full cost recovery mechanism for all user groups.
- The expected transition impact rating is ‘good’.
ViO Zagreb is the largest water and wastewater operator in Croatia that services up to 850,000 inhabitants of Zagreb and several surrounding cities and municipalities.
The Company is 100 per cent owned by the Zagreb Holding, a City of Zagreb owned holding municipal services company that is in charge of running the City’s communal activities.
Environmental and social categorisation, impact, and mitigation
Technical Cooperation (“TC”)
- Financial and Operational Performance Improvement Programme (EUR 275,000) to provide assistance to the Company in the re-organisation of their financial and operational activities to ensure they are more efficient, including business planning, PSA preparation, advice on tariff reform and collection improvements. The TC will also look at outsourcing non-core activities of the Company in order to secure additional efficiency gains. The assignment is proposed to be financed by an international donor or the EBRD Shareholder Special Fund (“SSF”).
Performance Benchmarking (EUR 50,000) to provide assistance to the Company in participating in a country-wide exercise of benchmarking of key operational and managerial indicators. The assignment is proposed to be financed by an international donor or the SSF.
For business opportunities or procurement, contact the client company.
EBRD project enquiries not related to procurement:
Tel: +44 20 7338 7168
Public Information Policy (PIP)
The PIP sets out how the EBRD discloses information and consults with its stakeholders so as to promote better awareness and understanding of its strategies, policies and operations. Please visit the Public Information Policy page below to find out how to request a Public Sector Board Report.
Text of the PIP