The aim of the project is to:
- act as a catalyst for the restructuring and modernisation of essential parts of the food and beverage chain;
- support the development and operational efficiency of private privately-owned glass packaging facilities;
- develop the domestic market and improve the quality and availability of glass packaging products.
The REF is expected to have a strong transition impact, as it will contribute to the restructuring of the food and beverage industry in the area of packaging as well as marketing and distribution. It will help to develop technological and management know-how as a result of continuous support from SG Packaging and the training of local personnel. It will also contribute to domestic market expansion with greater choice, better quality packaging and customised products.
Saint Gobain Packaging Division (“SG Packaging”) of the Compagnie de Saint-Gobain.
The Compagnie de Saint-Gobain is the leading building material group, manufacturing and distributing engineered materials (glass, ceramics, plastics, cast iron, and other), with a market capitalisation of EUR 16 billion. SG is rated A-/A2 by S&P's and A2 by Moody's with stable outlook.
With 20,000 people spread across its world-wide operations, SG Packaging is a major global player in three business areas:
- manufacturing glass bottles and jars for the food and drink industry;
- producing specialty bottles made from glass for perfumes, cosmetics and the pharmaceutical industry;
- manufacturing plastic pumps used in the packaging of cleaning, health and beauty and pharmaceutical products.
Uncommitted EUR 25 million Regional Equity Facility (“REF”) for equity co-investments with SG Packaging in several of the Bank’s countries of operation.
To be determined on a case-by-case basis.
At the EBRD's discretion, the Bank’s equity contribution in each sub-project can be up to 25 per cent of total project costs.
Screened C/1. Each sub-project is approved by the EBRD on an individual basis upon review of the environmental due diligence report prepared by the Client, with due regard to the EBRD’s environmental policies and procedures. An environmental action plan will be jointly agreed. The Client will report annually to the EBRD on the environmental, health and safety performance of the sub-projects encompassed by the REF.
For business opportunities or procurement, contact the client company.
EBRD project enquiries not related to procurement:
Tel: +44 20 7338 7168
Public Information Policy (PIP)
The PIP sets out how the EBRD discloses information and consults with its stakeholders so as to promote better awareness and understanding of its strategies, policies and operations. Please visit the Public Information Policy page below to find out how to request a Public Sector Board Report.
Text of the PIP