- The renovation and expansion of a malt processing facility in Chernigov, Ukraine.
- The construction and putting into operation of a malt processing facility in Kharkov, Ukraine.
- Provision of working capital for inventory financing.
- Significant transfer of know-how to farmers. Malteurop will work closely with farmers to improve quality and yields through agronomic assistance and training. Malteurop will also bring malt industry best practice to Ukraine.
- Import substitution and economic linkages: The Project links the cash being generated in the beer sector directly back to Ukrainian farming by creating the logical economic linkages including pre-financing to farmers. This will provide increased cash flow to continue restructuring of the sector.
- Demonstration effect: Relative to its potential, Ukraine still has attracted very limited international investment in agribusiness (particularly in upstream activities which integrate closely with the farming sector). Malteurop is one of the first high profile foreign investors in Ukrainian cereals processing and should help to highlight Ukraine’s strong medium term potential as an agribusiness country.
For business opportunities or procurement, contact the client company.
EBRD project enquiries not related to procurement:
Tel: +44 20 7338 7168
Public Information Policy (PIP)
The PIP sets out how the EBRD discloses information and consults with its stakeholders so as to promote better awareness and understanding of its strategies, policies and operations. Please visit the Public Information Policy page below to find out how to request a Public Sector Board Report.
Text of the PIP