- improvement of the Khodija Bakirgan water wells;
- construction of transmission and connection mains;
- refurbishment of a portion of the municipal distribution network;
- installation of water meters;
- purchase of workshop equipment;
- installation of reserve wastewater pumps; and,
- the preparation of detailed design and tender documents.
- Preparation and implementation of a Financial and Operational Performance Improvement Programme for the Khujand Water Company (the Company).
- Provision of a Stakeholder Participation Programme to encourage greater public participation in the delivery of water services, ensure poverty and subsistence issues are reflected in tariff reforms, and promote water conservation.
- Water tariff reforms;
- Greater stakeholder participation in tariff reform and service delivery;
- More transparency and improved corporate governance;
- Commercialisation of the Company;
- Demonstration effect of directly financing a local government
- Feasibility study including a review of the proposed investment programme and an environmental assessment.
- Restatement of accounts of the Khujand Water Company in accordance with
- International Financial Reporting Standards.
- A Social Assessment to review social conditions, affordability, and willingness-to-pay.
- Assistance to prepare and implement a Financial and Operational Performance Improvement Programme for the Company.
- Assistance to prepare the final designs and tender documents and to support the Project Implementation Unit.
- A Stakeholder Participation Programme to: encourage greater public participation in the delivery of water services, ensure poverty and subsistence issues are reflected in tariff reform, and, promote water conservation.
For business opportunities or procurement, contact the client company.
EBRD project enquiries not related to procurement:
Tel: +44 20 7338 7168
Public Information Policy (PIP)
The PIP sets out how the EBRD discloses information and consults with its stakeholders so as to promote better awareness and understanding of its strategies, policies and operations. Please visit the Public Information Policy page below to find out how to request a Public Sector Board Report.
Text of the PIP