- The Project promotes a transparent and fair privatisation process and seeks to attract an investor(s) qualified in state-of-the-art standards of operation.
- The Project supports long-term reform measures consistent with harmonising with EU energy directives and the Athens Memorandum of Understanding for the creation of a regional energy market in Southeast Euorpe. This includes the development of a regulatory structure based on transparent operations pursuant to objective criteria for efficient operations, independent regulation, competitive elements where they can be introduced, and the implementation of a cost recovery tariff methodology in line with best international practice.
- The Bank’s long term involvement in post-privatisation will ensure good corporate governance and promote good communications between the strategic investor(s) and local authorities.
- ESM, Electric Power Company of FYR Macedonia, the state-owned, vertically integrated electricity utility
- Government of Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (GOM) represented by the Ministry of Finance (MinFin) and Ministry of Economy (MinEcon)
- Strategic Investor(s): winner(s) of the tender process for the privatisation of ESM.
For business opportunities or procurement, contact the client company.
EBRD project enquiries not related to procurement:
Tel: +44 20 7338 7168
Public Information Policy (PIP)
The PIP sets out how the EBRD discloses information and consults with its stakeholders so as to promote better awareness and understanding of its strategies, policies and operations. Please visit the Public Information Policy page below to find out how to request a Public Sector Board Report.
Text of the PIP
Project Complaint Mechanism (PCM)
The Project Complaint Mechanism (PCM) is the EBRD's accountability mechanism. It provides an opportunity for an independent review of complaints from individuals and organisations concerning EBRD-financed projects which are alleged to have caused, or are likely to cause, environmental and/or social harm.
Please visit the Project Complaint Mechanism page to find information about how to submit a complaint. The PCM Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) is available to answer any questions you may have regarding the submission of a complaint and criteria for registration and eligibility, in accordance with the PCM Rules of Procedure.