- support the modernisation and restructuring of the railways in Croatia in response to the changing market demands;
- assist in formulating and implementing the modernisation and restructuring strategy of HZ; and
- assist in financing the most urgent investment needs.
- Market expansion: By setting up a market strategy for HZ and introducing adequate contractual arrangements with its main clients, including the Government, the project will stimulate competitive behaviour in HZ's interactions with suppliers and clients;
- Frameworks for markets: The project will support the implementation of the Railway Law, which provides the basis for the commercialisation of HZ's operations; the Railway Law demonstrates the Government's commitment to the formulation of commercial railway policy, promoting competition and business transparency;
- Transfer of skills: The modernisation and restructuring programme will result in significant upgrading of the technical skills of the HZ management;
- Demonstration effect: HZ's restructuring will demonstrate ways of successfully modernising railway enterprises.
For business opportunities or procurement, contact the client company.
EBRD project enquiries not related to procurement:
Tel: +44 20 7338 7168
Public Information Policy (PIP)
The PIP sets out how the EBRD discloses information and consults with its stakeholders so as to promote better awareness and understanding of its strategies, policies and operations. Please visit the Public Information Policy page below to find out how to request a Public Sector Board Report.
Text of the PIP
Independent Project Accountability Mechanism (IPAM)
If efforts to address environmental, social or public disclosure concerns with the Client or the Bank are unsuccessful (e.g. through the Client’s Project-level grievance mechanism or through direct engagement with Bank management), individuals and organisations may seek to address their concerns through the EBRD’s Independent Project Accountability Mechanism (IPAM).
IPAM independently reviews Project issues that are believed to have caused (or to be likely to cause) harm. The purpose of the Mechanism is: to support dialogue between Project stakeholders to resolve environmental, social and public disclosure issues; to determine whether the Bank has complied with its Environmental and Social Policy or Project-specific provisions of its Access to Information Policy; and where applicable, to address any existing non-compliance with these policies, while preventing future non-compliance by the Bank.
Please visit the Independent Project Accountability Mechanism webpage to find out how to submit a Request for review through our confidential online form, by email, mail or telephone. IPAM is available to discuss your concerns and answer any questions you may have about the submission or handling of Requests, which follow the Project Accountability Policy and Guidance. Requestors’ identities may be kept confidential, upon request.