- to bring the smelter’s operations in line with relevant environmental standards.
- renovate the front end of the plant (Waelz plant and the sulphuric acid plant) thus removing bottle necks and significantly improving environmental performance.
- to refine zinc to the level of purity required by the London Metal exchange Standards.
- The EBRD previously financed the renovation of the melting and casting, electrolysis and purification sections of the plant.
- Construction of a mercury recovery plant;
- Completion of the double contact sulphuric acid plant;
- A complete renovation of the Waelz kiln.
For business opportunities or procurement, contact the client company.
EBRD project enquiries not related to procurement:
Tel: +44 20 7338 7168
Public Information Policy (PIP)
The PIP sets out how the EBRD discloses information and consults with its stakeholders so as to promote better awareness and understanding of its strategies, policies and operations. Please visit the Public Information Policy page below to find out how to request a Public Sector Board Report.
Text of the PIP
Project Complaint Mechanism (PCM)
The Project Complaint Mechanism (PCM) is the EBRD's accountability mechanism. It provides an opportunity for an independent review of complaints from individuals and organisations concerning EBRD-financed projects which are alleged to have caused, or are likely to cause, environmental and/or social harm.
Please visit the Project Complaint Mechanism page to find information about how to submit a complaint. The PCM Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) is available to answer any questions you may have regarding the submission of a complaint and criteria for registration and eligibility, in accordance with the PCM Rules of Procedure.