- Investments in improved generation, which will help Mosenergo reduce losses, increase reliability and be more competitive in the future power market;
- broadening the market for financing of electricity sector investments by the international financial community through the syndication of the loan in a very difficult market context;
- The EBRD’s active participation in sector restructuring at the Mosenergo level through:
participation in a Mosenergo Working Group, open to minority shareholders and representatives of RAO UES and local Government, to review the restructuring progress;covenants that require Mosenergo to consult with the EBRD on the implementation of the restructuring program, including a covenant that requires the EBRD’s consent before any restructuring of Mosenergo is implemented;
- working in cooperation with the distribution division of Mosenergo and the Federal Energy Commission (FEC) to implement an existing distribution tariff methodology developed by TACIS funded consultants for the FEC in order to:
allow Mosenergo’s distribution arm to provide cost reflective distribution services - a requirement under an unbundled and competitive power market;help the FEC to test the new tariff methodology on Mosenergo with a view to extending its use to cover all of Russia;
- promotion of the wider use of Western standard accounting system (GAAP) to be adopted by at least two main successor companies (generation and distribution) upon unbundling of the Company;
- improvement of the company’s capability to plan and manage project implementation to reduce delays and keep within budget allocations;
- introduction of adequate environmental reporting procedures in accordance with an agreed Environmental Action Plan.
For business opportunities or procurement, contact the client company.
EBRD project enquiries not related to procurement:
Tel: +44 20 7338 7168
Public Information Policy (PIP)
The PIP sets out how the EBRD discloses information and consults with its stakeholders so as to promote better awareness and understanding of its strategies, policies and operations. Please visit the Public Information Policy page below to find out how to request a Public Sector Board Report.
Text of the PIP