Purpose of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessments
The EBRD is considering extending a senior loan to Adjaristsqali Georgia LLC (the “Borrower”) of up to USD 110 million (EUR 83 million) for the financing of the development, construction and operation of Shuakhevi HPP, the hydroelectric power plant to be located on the Adjaristsqali river in south-western Georgia (the “Project”). Shuakhevi HPP will have installed capacity of 184 MW with expected electricity output of 451 GWh (implied load of 28.0%). The design envisages it as a run-of-the-river plant with capacity of diurnal storage in two reservoirs, allowing Shuakhevi HPP to store water for up to 12 hours and sell electricity at peak demand times.
There is a project summary document available for this project.
Full ESIA availability
Full ESIA documentation is available locally at:
EBRD Headquarters in London, firstname.lastname@example.org
The full ESIA package, including the Non-Technical Summary, will be available on the project website.
Paper copies may be reviewed at the following locations:
1. Adjaristsqali Georgia LLC, 6 Irakli Abashidze Street, Batumi 6010, Georgia.
2. Keda Municipality administrative building, N1 Kostava Street, Settlement of Keda, Adjara Autonomous Republic, Georgia.
3. Khulo Municipality administrative building, Street Tbel Abuseridze N1, Borough Khulo, Adjara Autonomous Republic, Georgia.
4. Shuakhevi Municipality administrative building, N30 King Tamar’s Street, Shuakhevi settlement, Adjara Autonomous Republic, Georgia.
5. EBRD Tbilisi Resident Office, 6 Marjanishvili street, (Green Building, IV - V floor), 0105 Tbilisi, Georgia.
6. EBRD London (UK): One Exchange Square, London EC2A 2JN, United Kingdom.
+47 9826 3966
+995 (8) 9335 4999
+995 (8) 9335 4999
Adjaristsquali Georgia LLC
6 Irakli Abashidze Street
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014