The Project will support the development of integrated and modern solid waste management systems compliant with EU standards via (i) establishment of RWMCs articulated around a regional centre covering several municipalities (particularly for the regional sanitary landfill), a solution identified as the most economically viable in the draft NWS; (ii) the establishment of primary sorting/recycling systems (material recovery facilities); and (iii) treatment and recovery of biodegradable waste. Other investments relating to the infrastructure necessary for collection (waste bins / containers, vehicles and transfer stations) will also be included in the scope of the Project.
One of the sub-projects, located at Kalenic (Regional Solid Waste Center “Eko-Tamnava”), is classified as Category A. An Environmental and Social Impact Assessment has been carried out, and has been reviewed on behalf of the lenders by independent environmental and social consultants.
ESIA disclosure package
Attached are the following documents available in the English language:
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)
- Non-Technical Summary or Executive Summary (NTS)
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP)
- Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP)
- Land Acquisition and Resettlement Framework (LARF)
The design of some element of the projects have still to be finalised, including the landfill gas collection, composting plant and final waste treatment (MBT). The environmental and social impacts associated with these components are described in the NTS and they will be subject to further assessment once the design solutions are adopted.
Full ESIA availability
Documents in printed format are available in the premises of "Eko-Tamnava" as well as the following municipalities/local governments:
- City of Valjevo - Karađorđeva 64, 14000 Valjevo Serbia
- City Municipality of Obrenovac - Ulica Vuka Karadžića 74, 11500 Obrenovac
- City Municipality of Lazarevac - Karadjordjeva 42, 11550 Lazarevac
- Municipality of Ub - Ulica Vojvode Mišića 20 B, 14210 Ub
- City Municipality of Barajevo - Svetosavska 2, 11460 Barajevo
- Municipality of Vladimirci - Svetog Save 34, 15225 Vladimirci
- Municipality of Lajkovac - Omladinski trg 1, 14224 Lajkovac
- Municipality of Mionica - Str. Vojvode Mišića br.30, 14242 Mionica
- Municipality of Koceljeva - Nemanjina 74, 15220 Koceljeva
- Municipality of Osecina - Karadjordjeva 78, 14 253 Osecina
- Municipality of Ljig - st. Karadjordjeva br. 7, 14240 Ljig
EBRD Resident Office in Belgrade, Serbia
Address: Bluecentre building, Spanskih boraca 3, 6th floor, 11070 Novi Beograd
Telephone: +381 11 212 0529/0530/0531
You can submit comments and questions regarding the project and project documentation:
In writing to the address Veljko Vlahovića No. 8, 14210 Ub;
By telephone at the telephone number 014/412 415;
By e-mail to email@example.com
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014