The EBRD is considering providing a loan for the construction, commissioning and operation of a 500 MW wind power project operating 173 wind turbines and located in the Gulf of Suez.
ESIA disclosure package
1. Non-Technical Summary (NTS)
2. Stakeholder Engagement Plan
3. Draft Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP)
4. ESIA for the BOO Wind Power Plant 500MW at the Gulf of Suez
5. ESIA for the 220kV Overhead Transmission Line (OHTL) for the RSWE 500 MW Wind Farm Project
6. Red Sea Wind Energy 500 MW Project: Critical Habitat Assessment
7. Red Sea Wind Energy 500 MW Project: Cumulative Effects Analysis
8. Red Sea Wind Energy 500 MW Project: Environmental and Social Management System Manual
The Strategic Environmental and Social Assessment (SESA) conducted by Lahmeyer/Ecoda on behalf of RCREEE
Full ESIA availability
Full ESIA documentation is available locally at:
Ras Ghareb Local Governmental Unit
Ras Ghareb City Council Offices
Al-Mina Street, 11432 Ras Ghareb – Red Sea, Egypt
Tel: 01001318480 or 01201958777
EBRD Resident Office in Cairo
EGID Building, First Floor, Block 72, off Ninety Axis, 5th Settlement, New Cairo, Cairo, Egypt
Environmental or social enquiries
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014