Purpose of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessments
The project comprises the construction of a liquefied natural gas (“LNG”) regasification terminal and associated infrastructure near the city of Świnoujście on the far north-western coast of Poland. The terminal will have a capacity of up to 5 billion cubic metres per annum and will be built and operated by Polskie LNG S.A. (PLNG). The regasification facility will help Poland to diversify its sources of energy supplies.
The Bank is planning to provide debt finance in an amount of up to EUR 125 million out of an estimated total project cost of EUR 936 million.
There is a project summary document available for this project.
The ‘Disclosure Package’ for the Project includes the following documents:
- Non-Technical Summary (NTS) – Polish, English and German
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) including details of the Grievance mechanism for the project – Polish, English and German language versions
- Environmental & Social Action Plan (ESAP) – Polish and English language versions
- Social Review - Polish and English language versions
- Draft Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP) - Polish and English language versions
- EIA for the LNG Terminal – Polish and English language versions
- EIA for the Breakwater – Polish and English language versions
- EIA for the Jetty – Polish and English language versions
- EIA for the Pipeline – Polish and English language versions
- EIA for dredging at the Breakwater – Polish and English language versions
- EIA for dredging at the Jetty – Polish and English language versions
- “Memorandum“ (assessment of overlapping effects of the Terminal, the Breakwater and the Jetty) – Polish and English language versions
These documents may be accessed at http://www.polskielng.pl/terminal-a-srodowisko/konsultacje-wynikow-audytu-srodowiskowego-due-diligence.html (Polish) and http://en.polskielng.pl/terminal-and-environment/consultations-regarding-the-results-of-the-environmental-audit-due-diligence.html?L=0 (English).
Full ESIA availability
Full ESIA documentation is available locally at:
EBRD Headquarters in London, firstname.lastname@example.org
Polskie LNG S.A. (PLNG)
ul. Energetyków 3/4
70-950 Szczecin, Poland
Phone: 091 489 90 20
Fax: 091 489 90 21
Sebastian Bawankiewicz – Community Liaison Officer
Świnoujście Community Centres at:
ul. Wojska Polskiego 1/1, Świnoujście; and
ul. Sosnowa 18, Świnoujście
Gemeinde Ostseebad Heringsdorf
Kurparkstraße 4, Ahlbeck, Germany
EBRD Regional Office
53 Emili Plater Street
Warsaw Financial Center
Tel: +48 22 520 5700
Fax: +48 22 520 5800
Lucyna Stanczak - Country Director, Poland
General enquiries should be directed to:
phone 091 431 40 12
fax 091 434 08 75
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014