Provision of an unsecured loan of up to USD 50 million in favour of Mersin Uluslararasi Liman Isletmeciligi A.S. (the “Borrower”, the “Company” or “MIP”), a joint-stock company incorporated in Turkiye and the operator of the Mersin International Port (the “Port”). The Bank’s investment will partially finance the construction of the second phase of the East Mediterranean Hub Project, which aims to increase the Port’s container handling capacity to provide better services with fewer restrictions to the customers. MIP is Turkiye's largest port in terms of total container throughput. The Port is well equipped to handle a range of dry bulk, liquid bulk, containers, and ro-ro cargos. The Project will contribute to Competitive and Integrated transition impact qualities.
ESIA disclosure package
- Supplementary Information Package -SIP
- Social Impact Assessment - SIA
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan - SEP
- Livelihood Restoration Plan - LRP
- Non-technical Summary - NTS
- Environmental and Social Action Plan - ESAP
- Construction Environmental and Social Action Plan - CESMP
- Dredging Management and Monitoring Plan - DMMP
- Biodiversity Management Plan – BMP
- National Environmental Impact Assessment – EIA (only available in local language)
Full ESIA availability
Mersin Uluslararası Liman İşletmeciliği A.Ş., Yenimahalle 101. Cad 5307. Sok. No:5 33100 Mersin - Turkiye. Tel: +90 324 241 29 00, Bertan Dogan
Istanbul Resident Office, Büyükdere Caddesi, 185 Kanyon Ofis Binası, Kat: 5, Levent, 34394 Istanbul, Turkiye Tel: +90 212 386 1100
Environmental or social enquiries
Serkan Mahmutoglu – EMH2 Project Manager
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014