Provision of a loan for the construction, commissioning and operation of a 250 MW windfarm operating 73 wind turbines and located in the Gulf of Suez, approximately 30km North-West of Ras Ghareb in Egypt.
A Project Summary document is available for this project.
ESIA disclosure package
- ESIA for Lekela BOO Wind Power Plant at Gulf of Suez (2018): English | Arabic
- Scoped – B ESIA for OTL and Transformer Substation - Gulf of Suez (2018): English | Arabic
- Lekela North Ras Gharib 250 MW: Critical Habitat Assessment: English | Arabic
- Lekela North Ras Gharib 250 MW: Analysis of cumulative effects to biodiversity: English | Arabic
- Lekela North Ras Gharib 250 MW: Analysis of cumulative effects to biodiversity - Updated (May 2019): English
- BOO Egypt Wind Project: Environmental and Social Management System Policy Manual: English | Arabic
- Gulf of Suez BOO Wind Power Plant Project: Supplementary Social Baseline and Assessment: English | Arabic
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan: English | Arabic
- Community feedback procedure: English | Arabic
- Supplementary ESIA English
The Strategic Environmental and Social Assessment (SESA) conducted by Lahmeyer/Ecoda on behalf of RCREEE is available
Full ESIA availability
Full ESIA documentation is available locally at:
The Local Unit for the City of Ras Gharib City Council, El-Mina Street – Ras Gharib Egypt
EBRD Resident Office in Cairo
EGID Building, First Floor, Block 72, off Ninety Axis, 5th Settlement, New Cairo, Cairo, Egypt
Environmental or social enquiries
- Contact Name: Jennifer Boca, Head of ESG
- Email: Jennifer.Boca@lekela.com
- Contact Name: Chad Canfield
- Email: Chad.Canfield@lekela.com
- Web: http://lekela.com/
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014