The EBRD is considering providing loans to 10-15 individual private developers for a total amount of up to USD 500 million (EUR 455 million equivalent) to finance the construction and operation of renewable energy projects in Egypt under the feed-in-tariff programme (the “Subprojects”). The Subprojects currently proposed focus on the construction and operation of solar photovoltaic plants of 20-50 MW capacity in Egypt.
There is a Project Summary Document available for this project.
ESIA disclosure package
Full ESIA availability
Full ESIA documentation is available locally at:
New and Renewable Energy Authority Building
Abbas Al Akkad Street, Nasr City, Hay Al Zouhor Area, Cairo, Egypt
- EBRD Resident Office in Cairo: EGID Building, First Floor Block 72, off Ninty Axis, Fifth Settlement, Cairo, Egypt
Environmental or social enquiries
in person, in writing or over the phone at NREA offices in Cairo:
- Attention: Nefesa Hassan, Chief Specialist, New and Renewables Energy Agency, Economic and Environmental Studies
- New and Renewable Energy Authority Building, Abbas Al Akkad Street, Nasr City, Hay Al Zouhor Area, Cairo, Egypt
- Telephone: +20 (2) 2271 3174
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company Website: www.nrea.gov.eg
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014