The Project consists of the construction of a 66km long half-ring road in the north of Almaty. The Project will be implemented under a 20 years long Concession Agreement based on availability payment scheme. The construction is expected to be complete in 50-month period and will be followed by 16 year operating period. The route runs through the territory of Almaty Oblast in three districts: Karasay district in the west (27.5 km), Iliy district in the north (19.3 km) and Talgar district in the east (19.2 km). The road will comprise of a 51.5 km long 6-lane section and a 14.5 km long 4-lane section. The Project includes construction of 8 junctions, 21 bridges, 18 viaducts and 1 railway truss.
The Concessionaire will be required to put in place the tolling operations and collect the tolls (tariffs to be set by the Grantor). The toll revenues collected will be transferred directly by the Concessionaire to the Kazakh authorities. In return, an availability fee will be paid to the Concessionaire by the Kazakh Republic for providing the motorway with a functioning tolling system for the duration of the concession period in accordance with pre-determined performance standards.
There is a Project Summary Document available for this project.
ESIA disclosure package
Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)
ESIA Technical Appendices
Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMPs)
Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP)
Land Acquisition and Resettlement Framework (LARF): English | Russian
Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP)
ESMMP: English | Russian
- Disclosure meetings report: English | Russian
Full ESIA availability
Full ESIA documentation is available locally at:
- Akimat of Karasay District, building 213, Ablaykhan street, Kaskelen town, Almaty Region, Kazakhstan
- Akimat of Iliy District, building 2, Kapal batyr street, Otegen batyr village, Ili town, Almaty Region, Kazakhstan
- Akimat of Talgar District, building 65, Kunayev avenue, Talgar town, Almaty Region, Kazakhstan
- BAKAD Investment and Operation LLP (Office 403, 55/1, Zhangozin Str., Kaskelen City, Almaty Region)
- Bereke construction camp, Aksengir village, Chemolgan highway, Karasai district, Almaty Region, Kazakhstan
- Panfilovo construction camp, Kulzhinskiyi trakt, 24 km, Almaty Region, Kazakhstan
EBRD Resident Office in Almaty, Kazakhstan (41 Kazybek Bi street, Park Palace Business Centre, 3-rd Entrance, 3-rd Floor, +7 727 332 00 00)
Environmental or social enquiries
BAKAD Investment and Operation LLP
Ayman Zhanuzakova, Contractor Grievance Focal Point
Email address: email@example.com
Project Hotline: +7 727 335 83 41
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014