Provision of a sovereign-guaranteed loan of up to KZT 70.1 billion (equivalent EUR 140.3 million) (the “Loan”) for the benefit of the Aqtobe Su-Energy Group JSC (the “Company”), a city-owned company providing water supply, sewage and district heating services in Aqtobe city (the “City”), for major modernisation of the wastewater treatment plant (“WWTP”) and associated infrastructure (the “Project”).
The Loan will be used to finance the following Project’s Priority Investment Programme (the “PIP”): (i) construction of a new WWTP with the capacity of 500,000 population equivalent (P.E.), including modernisation of a sewage pumping station; and (ii) construction of sludge treatment facilities, including anaerobic digestion unit and facility to produce heat and electricity from biogas generated by the anaerobic digestion.
The Project will be implemented in line with the national and EU standards for urban wastewater treatment, EU requirements for sewage sludge management, EU BAT and EU taxonomy requirements for such facilities. Once implemented, the project will also lead to a reduced level of odour.
ESIA disclosure package
The following documents are available in English, Kazakh and Russian for this project:
1. Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (“ESIA”), including Environmental and Social Management Plan (“ESMP”);
2. Non-Technical Summary (“NTS”);
3. Stakeholder Engagement Plan (“SEP”);
4. Environmental and Social Action Plan (“ESAP”).
Full ESIA availability
Full ESIA documentation is available locally at:
1) Аqtobe Su-Energy Group JSC, 12B Sankibay Batyr Avenue, Aqtobe City, Kazakhstan;
2) EBRD Satellite Office in Aqtobe, 173/1 Sankibay Batyr Avenue, Progress Business Centre, office 301, Aqtobe City, Kazakhstan, +7 (7132) 703841;
3) EBRD Resident Office in Astana, 2 Dostyk Street, SAAD Business Center, 10th floor, Astana City, Kazakhstan, +7 (7172) 554246;
4) EBRD Resident Office in Almaty, 41 Kazybek Bi Street, Park Palace Business Centre, 3rd entrance, 3rd floor, Almaty City, Kazakhstan, +7 (7273) 320000;
Environmental or social enquiries
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014