The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“EBRD” or the Bank”) is providing a loan extension of USD 2.54 million to the Government of Tajikistan for the acquisition of road maintenance equipment and spare parts to the Republic of Tajikistan (the “Project”). The loan extension will be accompanied by a USD 2.54 million capex grant.
The loan and grant funds will be used to finance the purchase of road maintenance equipment and spare parts, including graders, excavators, trucks and laboratory equipment. The Client (Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Tajikistan or “MoT”) now wishes to engage a consultant (the “Consultant”) to ensure the equipment and parts meet the required standard, and that all goods are procured in accordance with the EBRD’s Procurement Policies and Rules (“PP&Rs”).
The Consultant will advise and assist the Project Implementation Unit (“PIU”) which will oversee implementation of the Project. The Consultant will assist with all aspects of procurement and contract administration related to the acquisition of new road maintenance equipment to be in line with the EBRD Procurement Policies and Rules, with specific tasks likely to include the following:
- preparation and timely publication of the General Procurement Notice updates.
- provision of assistance with the prequalification phase, if any, including preparation of prequalification documents, prequalification evaluation reports, notification of results, etc.
- preparation of tender documents for the procurement of goods and associated services for both one-stage and two-stage tenders.
- preparation and publication of necessary client’s announcements in relevant newspapers, etc.
- cooperation with relevant internal project agencies and committees especially for obtaining technical documents for timely preparation of the tender documents, evaluation reports, contracts, etc.
- organisation of tenders including all approvals, publication arrangements, preparation of the clarifications to the tenderers’ requests, reception of submitted tenders, openings with the minutes preparation and distribution, etc.
- coordination of and assistance with the evaluation of tenders and preparation of evaluation reports in required format
- correspondence with EBRD to ensure the required reviews pursuant to the accepted guidelines, and obtaining “no objections” on all relevant documentation and materials during the procurement and implementation process.
- attention to and reporting on all matters relating to integrity and transparency.
- finalisation of the contract documentation and assistance with the contract award / signing process.
- maintain a well-organised filing system for all relevant procurement documents in the programme.
- Subject to the budget’s availability: assistance with the contracts’ execution and the goods acceptance.
- assisting wherever necessary with the work of the two other local consultants who are employed under this EBRD programme.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The assignment is expected to start no later than in the second quarter of 2015 and has an estimated overall duration of 12-24 months.
Cost Estimate: EUR 150,000 (exclusive of VAT).
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: The contract is expected be funded by the Early Transition Countries Fund (ETCF).
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required.
The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with experience in project implementation support, including specific experience in the road sector, in projects with procurement rules of international financial institutions, such as the EBRD, World Bank or ADB or similar, including experience with two-stage tendering.
Experience in CIS countries or similar business environments (with similar regulations) would also be beneficial. The Consultant’s core team shall include an experienced Project Manager (PM)/Procurement Specialist and technical expert(s) including road maintenance engineer(s) with extensive experience in similar assignments in comparable locations/markets.
The PM/Procurement Specialist will have an extensive experience (at least 10 successfully concluded tenders in the last 10 years) in IFI procurement policies and rules, with procurement of goods and both, one-stage and two-stage tendering (as defined in the EBRD’s Procurement Policies and Rules). Russian language skills will be an asset.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of consultants to be selected, the information submitted should include the following:
(a) brief overview of the firm/group of firms including company profile, organisation and staffing;
(b) details of similar experience of firm and relevant assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, percentage carried out by consultant in case of association of firms or subcontracting, main activities, objectives.
(c) CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, main activities, objectives.
(d) Completed Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web link:http://www.ebrd.com/pages/workingwithus/procurement/notices/csu/contact_sheet.doc
The expression of interest will not exceed 20 pages (excluding CVs and the Contact / Declaration sheet).
One original in English and one original in Russian of the expression of interest (EOI), shall be submitted to the Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Tajikistan (“MoT”), in an envelope marked “Expression of Interest for “Tajikistan Road Maintenance Development Project - Procurement Support”, to reach the Ministry no later than the due date.
One electronic copy in English and one electronic copy in Russian also should be submitted to the MoT’s contact person by email by the same due date.
One electronic copy (by email), in English, should be submitted to the EBRD’s contact person by the same due date.
The selection will normally be made from responses to this notification only. Consultants will not be asked to submit a proposal. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected from a shortlist and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
Payments are expected to be made upon acceptance of deliverables.
The evaluation criteria are as follows:
The evaluation criteria are as follows:
- Firm’s experience in project implementation support, including specific experience in the road sector – 20%
- Firm’s experience in projects with procurement rules of international financial institutions, such as the EBRD, World Bank or ADB or similar, including experience with two-stage tendering- 30%
- Skills and experience of the proposed Project Manager/Procurement Specialist. Russian language skills will be an asset – 35%
- Skills and experience and composition of the technical expert(s), including road maintenance engineer(s) – 15%
Executing Agency (Client): Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Tajikistan (“MoT”)
The Client Contact Person:
Ismonkul Shokulov, Executive Director
Project Implementation Unit for Roads Rehabilitation
734046, 14 Ayni Street
Republic of Tajikistan
Tel: +992 37 222-2076
Fax: +992 37 222-2073
Email address: email@example.com
The EBRD Contact Person:
Tel: + 44 207 338 7488
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org