14/05/2019: The Closing Date for receipt of proposals has been extended until 23 May 2019.
Single Stage Open Competitive Selection - Request for Proposals
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD” or the “Bank”) is providing a senior loan of up to EUR 20 million to the Lviv Solid Waste Management Company (the “Company”). The EBRD loan is co-financed by a EUR 10 million investment grant from the Eastern Europe Energy Efficiency and Environment Partnership (“E5P”) and up to EUR 5 million concessional loan from the Clean Technology Fund (the “CTF”).
The proceeds of the loan and the grant will be used to finance a Priority Investment Programme (the “PIP”) covering the (i) priority works and phase I of rehabilitation of Hrybovychi landfill (ii) sorting and composting facilities (phase I of the Mechanical Biological Treatment - MBT) and (iii) improvements to existing SWM system with respect to separate collection and recycling.
EBRD intends to select and contract a consulting company (the Consultant) to the Assignment.
The main objective of the assignment is to promote the Lviv Solid Waste Project, its expected outcome, including the related social and environmental benefits, in Ukraine by various public relations methods. Donor support should be publicised as well, with particular focus on the E5P investment grant.
Full Terms of Reference (TOR) of the Assignment can be found here http://www.ebrd.com/documents/procurement/78179-tors.docx .
Consultant Selection Procedure: Single stage open competitive selection. Interested firms or groups of firms are invited to submit a Technical and Financial Proposal.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q2 2019 and has an estimated overall duration of 36 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 143,500 (exclusive of VAT).
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed by Sida-EBRD Ukraine Energy Efficiency and Environment Consultant Cooperation Fund. Selection and contracting are subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions based on the consultant's country of origin.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms preferably with previous project experience related to promoting public /IFI-funded/donor-funded projects in Eastern Europe and, preferably in infrastructure.
The Consultant's expert team is expected to include the following key experts (the 'Key Experts'):
Key Expert 1: PR Expert/Team Leader preferably with 10 years or more of relevant professional experience, out of which five years of experience in working with similar stakeholders/target groups.
Key Expert 2: A pool of International and Local Key Experts, including Social Media Expert, Content Manager / Translator, Event Organiser, Stakeholders Engagement Expert, with preferable 5 years or more of relevant professional experience.
The Consultant’s team will be able to efficiently operate in Ukrainian and English.
Submission Requirements: The consultants are now invited to submit a completed Technical and Financial Proposal as per the standard templates and instructions available at this link: http://www.ebrd.com/documents/procurement/single-stage-package.docx. . Interested Consultants should make themselves familiar with these Standard Templates, Standard Instructions and Conditions of Contract in preparation of their proposals.
1. The Technical Proposal shall be submitted in English electronically via eSelection not later than the Closing Date, as one single PDF file. The technical proposal should not exceed 30 pages excluding the Declaration Form and CVs (Form 1- TP 1 and Form 1 – TP 6).
2. The Financial Proposal (Form 2 – FP 1 and FP2) shall be submitted in English separately by email only to the Bank Contact Person. Consultants are reminded of the requirement to ensure the confidentiality of the Financial Proposals.
A Technical Proposal that contains elements of a financial proposal shall be declared non-responsive.
A Financial proposal submitted together with the technical proposals via e Selection shall be declared non-responsive.
Bank Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
For the avoidance of doubt, technical proposals should be sent through eSelection and NOT to this email address. Financial proposals should be sent to this email address and NOT through eSelection.
Deadline to Submit Clarification Questions: Via e-mail to the Bank Contact Person by 7 May 2019.
Selection Method and Evaluation Criteria:
1. Technical Proposal Evaluation Criteria
(a) Firm's previous project experience in similar assignments (30 %)
(b) Quality of the methodology (covering, inter alia, project media plan) proposed for the Assignment (35 %)
(c) CVs of the Key Experts (35 %).
The minimum technical score (St) required to pass is 70.
2. Opening of Financial Proposals
After the technical evaluation is completed, only the submissions which score 70 or above of the total marks available for the technical criteria will be eligible to have their financial proposals opened.
3. Combined Technical and Financial Evaluation
The lowest evaluated Financial Proposal (Fm) is given the maximum financial score (Sf) of 100. The formula for determining the financial scores (Sf) of all other Proposals is calculated as follows:
Sf = 100 x Fm/ F, in which “Sf” is the financial score, “Fm” is the lowest evaluated Financial Proposal, and “F” the price of the Proposal under consideration.
Proposals are then ranked according to their combined technical (St) and financial (Sf) scores using the weights (T = 80; F = 20) T + F = 100 as follows: S = St x T% + Sf x F%.
1. The proposal validity period is 120 days from the deadline date for the receipt of submissions. During this period, the Consultant shall maintain its original Proposal without any change, including the availability of the Experts, the proposed rates and the total price.
2. The selection will be made from the Proposals received in response to this notification only, on the basis of the submission requirements and selection criteria set out in this Procurement Notice. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected and invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
3. Any updates of and clarifications on this procurement notice shall be announced as updates on this notice, without any other notification. In the event of changes consultants will need to download the updated versions. Consultants are required to periodically check the notice for updates. Failure to take the updates into account while preparing the Proposal may result in disqualification or penalties to the scores in the evaluation.