16 June 2016: the procurement notice is updated with additional information in section Project description, the additional information is provided in BOLD at the end of Project Description section.
1 June 2016: the procurement notice is updated as follows - evaluation criteria has been revised, please refer to Note 2 below for updated evaluation criteria.
Finance and Technology Transfer Centre for Climate Change (FINTECC) is the main technology transfer programme of the EBRD in the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation. It was created to facilitate technology deployment in countries where technology market penetration is currently low. The programme fulfils its objectives through a combination of policy dialogue, technical assistance and grant financing.
The EBRD launched its FINTECC Programme in Ukraine to support private and public stakeholders to adopt climate technologies, resulting in greater efficiencies, lowered costs and increased competitiveness of Ukrainian companies.
A FINTECC Ukraine Innovation Voucher will be a voucher provided to Ukrainian private companies to partially pay for an external expertise to facilitate innovations, development and improvement of climate technologies.
The EBRD intends to engage a consultancy firm or organization (the “Project Manager”) to run the Innovation Voucher Scheme (the “Scheme” or the “Assignment”). The Project Manager in coordination with EBRD will support the implementation of the Innovation Voucher, including marketing, processing applications, eligibility verification, assisting with terms of reference and contracts for the innovation services, developments and improvements provided to the Innovation voucher’s beneficiaries by external experts or organizations, verifying implementation of those contracts, preparing justifications and Innovation Voucher disbursement requests, reporting to the EBRD.
The Project Manager is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Promote Innovation Voucher through targeted public awareness and marketing campaigns, including marketing materials and web-site;
- Ensure the criteria of the Scheme are clearly defined, consistently applied and updated;
- Ensure funding is applied consistently in line with the eligibility criteria and is supported by an appropriate level of validation to avoid misuse of funding;
- Establish partnerships with network organisations that could facilitate the links with potential beneficiaries in different sectors;
- Establish partnerships with network organisations that could facilitate the links with potential service providers in different sectors;
- Develop and identify a pipeline of voucher beneficiaries and list of eligible service providers;
- Provide eligibility checks of companies, innovation services and service providers based on the eligibility criteria;
- Process Innovation Voucher grant applications;
- Maintain and update a database of applicants, service providers, completed projects and fund utilization/availability, monitor scheme’s Key Performance Indicators;
- Report to the EBRD.
The Project Manager is expected to be an operator of the Voucher Scheme performing tasks described in this procurement notice, including distribution of Vouchers to the Ukrainian companies. The EBRD will approve the Innovation Voucher payments based on the justifications provided by the Project Manager. The governance of the Innovation Voucher scheme is being prepared by the Bank.
Preliminary estimated amount of work under the Scheme:
Envisaged size of the Innovation Voucher Programme: EUR 1 million
Estimated number of vouchers: 50
Estimated average Innovation Voucher face value: EUR 20,000
Innovation Voucher cap value: EUR 50,000
Expected beneficiaries: SMEs, start-ups and larger companies
Duration of the assignment: 2 years or before available funding is fully utilizedStatus of Selection Process: Interested organization, firms or groups of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in August 2016 and has an estimated overall duration of 24 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 250,000; exclusive of VAT.
The consultant must determine whether any VAT would be chargeable on the services and the basis for that determination, without taking into consideration the Bank's special status as an IFI and state this to the Bank in their response to the Invitation for Expressions of Interest. To the extent that a consultant incurs input VAT on goods and services purhcased in connection with the provision of services (e.g. VAT on airline ticket) which is not otherwise recoverable by the consultant from the local tax authority, the gross cost to the consultant of such expenses shall be treated as a reimbursable expense.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed through EU Neighbourhood Investment Facility.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate Services are required.
The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms preferably with previous project experience relating to project management and administration, including budgetary administration, of international programmes and projects related to innovations, knowledge sharing, public private partnerships. Local expertise and presence are required.
The Consultant’s team should at least consist of the following Key expertise:
- Team leader with preferably 5 years of relevant expertise and experience in innovation project management or management consulting; science and technology, start-ups, industry innovation projects is preferred.
- Senior expert with preferably 5 years of relevant expertise and experience in technical applications and manufacturing implications.
- International expert with preferably 5 years of relevant expertise and experience in Research and Development and cooperating with international design committees, universities, testing laboratories, scientific engineering centres, etc.
- Local experts with preferably 5 years of relevant expertise and experience in energy, energy and resource efficiency, climate technologies, marketing and communication.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected for this Assignment, the information submitted should include the following:
- Company/group of firms' profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages);
- Details of previous project experience or similar assignments preferably undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives;
- CVs of key experts who could be available to work on the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly preferably undertaken in the previous ten years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), experts months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives;
- Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The above information should not exceed 20 pages excluding CVs and contact sheet.
The complete expression of interest (including CVs and Contact Sheet) shall be one file (pdf or Word), not exceeding 4MB, to be uploaded to eSelection. The EBRD reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
Expressions of Interest shall be submitted, in English, electronically through e-Selection, to reach the Bank not later than the closing date.
Bank Contact Persons:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 7185
(submissions should be sent through eSelection and NOT to this email address)
Note 1: Selection and contracting will normally be made from responses to this notification. The consultant will be selected from a shortlist, subject to availability of funding.
Note 2: The evaluation criteria are as follows:
- Firm’s experience relating to project management and administration, including budgetary administration, of international and local programmes and projects - 15%
- Firm’s experience in local and international programmes and projects related to innovations, knowledge sharing, public private partnerships - 15%
- Firm’s previous relevant project experience in Ukraine - 30%
- CVs of Key experts - 40%