Invitation for Tenders
Chernivtsi District Heating Project
Rehabilitation and replacement of DH networks, Lot 5.1
This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which was published on the EBRD website, Procurement Notices (www.ebrd.com) on August 07, 2015, with subsequent updates.
Municipal Communal Enterprise “Chernivtsiteplokomunenergo” hereinafter referred to as “the Employer” intends using part of the proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the Bank) towards the cost of Chernivtsi District Heating Project.
The Employer now invites sealed tenders from contractors for the following Contract to be funded from part of the proceeds of the loan:
Rehabilitation and replacement of district heating networks, Lot 5.1
The total length of all individual sections of new DH pipelines (one pipe measure) – 4409m without bends, including:
Ø530/800mm – 804m, Ø325/500mm – 144m, Ø273/460mm – 1176m, Ø219/355mm – 960m, Ø168/280mm – 1176m, Ø160/255mm – 45mm, Ø89/180mm – 12m, Ø76/160mm – 24m, Ø60/140mm – 52m.
Tendering for contracts to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank is open to firms from any country.
To be qualified for the award of a Contract, tenderers must satisfy the following minimum criteria:
- The Tenderer shall have successful experience as prime contractor in the execution of at least 3 projects of a nature, complexity and completion schedule comparable to the proposed contract within the last 5 years, each with a value of at least EUR 1,000,000 (one million), that have been successfully and substantially completed. The Tenderer shall have specific experience in replacement of district heating transmission pipeline routes (including dismounting of old networks) with pre-insulated pipes of at least 500 mm diameter and at least 800 m trench length, completed during a single non-heating season.
- The Tenderer has long-term profitability with positive average annual operating profit in the last three years.
- The average annual turnover over the last three years is not less than EUR 3,000,000 (three million) or equivalent.
- The Tenderer must have financial capability to meet plant, materials and works supply cash flow for the contract for a period of 2 months, estimated as minimum EUR 700,000 (seven hundred thousand) or equivalent taking into account the Tenderer’s commitments on other contracts.
- Historical non-performance. A consistent history of awards against the Tenderer or any partner of a joint venture or consortium may result in rejection of the tender.
- The tenderer shall provide CVs of suitably qualified personnel and ensure their availability to fill the following positions:
- Project Manager (at least 15 years of total experience, 5 years of experience in similar works and 3 years of experience as manager of similar works),
- Design Manager (at least 10 years of total experience, 5 years of experience in similar works and 3 years of experience as manager of similar works),
- Construction Manager (at least 10 years of total experience, 5 years of experience in similar works and 3 years of experience as manager of similar works).
- Supervisor of the welding works (at least 10 years of total experience, 5 years of experience in similar works and 3 years of experience as manager for similar works)
- Joint ventures or consortiums must satisfy the following minimum qualification requirements:
- The leading partner shall meet not less than 50 percent of all the qualifying criteria for turnover and financial position specified above;
- The other partners shall meet not less than 25 percent of all the qualifying criteria for turnover and financial position specified above;
- Joint Ventures and Consortiums must satisfy collectively the criteria related to personnel, average annual turnover and financial position specified above
- The Tenderer and its personnel shall have and be able to demonstrate to the Employer all the required construction licenses and permits stipulated by the legislation of Ukraine prior to contract signature. All such licenses and permits shall remain valid for the whole period of the contract.
The qualification requirements are further detailed in the Tender Documents.
The Contract is planned to be completed not later than October 2020.
Tender documents may be obtained from the office at the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of EUR 200 for non-resident Tenderers and equivalent of the mentioned sum in Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH) at National Bank rate of the payment day for Ukrainian tenderers. This fee includes expenses for duplication, delivery via registered express courier and communication services (VAT inclusive, and exclusive of Bank commission and other fees, which shall be paid by the tenderer). The method of payment will be direct deposit to any of the specified account numbers for respective currency:
For payments in EUR:
Beneficiary’s bank: The State Export-Import Bank of Ukraine JSC Chernivtsi branch
Bank’s address: 183, Golovna str., Chernivtsi, 58005, Ukraine
Code EDRPOU: 00032112
Correspondent bank: DEUTSCHE BANK AG FRANKFURT AM MAIN, GERMANY
SWIFT: DEUT DE FF
Correspondent account: 949876710
Beneficiary: Municipal Communal Enterprise “Chernivtsiteplokomunenergo”
For payments in UAH:
МуніціпальнеКомунальнепідприємство «ЧернівціТеплоКомунЕнерго» Чернівецькоїміськоїради
Філія - Чернівецькеобласнеуправлінняпублічногоакціонерноготовариства "ДержавнийощаднийбанкУкраїни"
Адреса: м.Чернівці, вул. ГероївМайдану, 244
An invoice could be provided upon written request from the Tenderer.
It is necessary to state in the payment document:
- the name of the payer;
- name of the Beneficiary (Municipal Communal Enterprise “Chernivtsiteplokomunenergo”)and
- details of payment: for tender documents on the project Rehabilitation and replacement of DH networks, Lot 5.1
Upon receipt of appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee, the documents will promptly be dispatched by courier; however, no liability can be accepted for their loss or late delivery. In addition, if requested, the documents can be dispatched electronically after presentation by the prospective Tenderer of an appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee. In the event of discrepancy between electronic and hard copies of the documents, the hard copy shall prevail. All drawings will be provided to the Tenderer in electronical copy on a Compact Disk with hard copy of the tender document.
A pre-tender meeting / site visit will be held on November 26, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. local time at the address: 19A Maksymovycha Street, Chernivtsi, Ukraine.
All requests for clarification must be received by the Employer till December 3, 2019, 17:00 local time.
Please, note that it is not allowed to send the requests for clarification after the deadline.
All tenders must be accompanied by a tender security of EUR 40 000 (forty thousand) or equivalent in Ukrainian Hryvnia at the rate of the National Bank of Ukraine on the date of the Tender Security issue and must be delivered to the address below on or before 10:00 a.m., December 26, 2019, when they will be opened in the presence of the tenderers’ representatives who wish to attend.
Tenders must be delivered to the office at the address below on or before 10:00 a.m., December 26, 2019, at which time they will be opened in the presence of those tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend.
The applicable procurement rules are the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R, Rev. October 2014) which can be located at:
A register of potential tenderers who have purchased the tender documents may be inspected at the address below.
Prospective tenderers may obtain further information from, and inspect and acquire the tender documents at, the following office:
Contact person: Maiia Mudra
Purchasing Entity Municipal Communal Enterprise “Chernivtsiteplokomunenergo”
Address: Room of Planning Department, 2nd floor, 19A Maksymovycha Street, Chernivtsi City, 58018, Ukraine