Single Stage Open Competitive Selection –
Request for Proposals
This is an update of the original notice:
17/07/2019: Clarification No. 1 to the RFP - link
17/07/2019: Amendment No.1 to the RFP - link
Executing Agency (Client):
Joint Stock Company ”National Company ”KazAutoZhol”
(JSC ”NC ”KazAutoZhol”)
Business Centre “ Emerald Tower”
10 Kunayev str., Block A, Nur-Sultan 010000
Republic of Kazakhstan
The Client Contact Person:
Ms. Raushan M. Taenova
Chief Manager, Department of Technical Policy and Quality
The Client has received a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD” or the “Bank”) to finance Reconstruction of Atyrau-Astrakhan Highway Project (the “Project”). Invitation for tenders for reconstruction of four sections of Atyrau-Astrakhan Highway was published on the EBRD website 28 March 2019. It is expected that the contracts with the contractors will be signed in III quarter of 2019.
Invitation for competitive selection of supervision consultant for the first two sections of the above road was published on June 6, 2019. Supervision of works under this Invitation is related to the remaining two sections of highway.
The Client now intends to select and contract a consulting company specialised in supervision of works for construction and reconstruction of roads and highways (the Consultant) to perform of the Assignment, on the basis of the Request for Proposal (RFP) in attachment.
The Assignment provides for technical supervision of works for reconstruction of two sections of Atyrau-Astrakhan highway: km 693-753 and km 753-833, located in Atyrau oblast. They pass through the existing embankment of the roadbed. Length of the above sections: 60 km and 80 km respectively. The highway sections are designed as II technical category with 2 lanes. It is also planned to install reinforced concrete culverts of various diameters, build passes for cattle, construction of bridge with total length 18 m, areas for short stops of vehicles, etc. Estimated construction period – section km 693-753 - 930 days, section km 753-833 – 1 080 days.
The expected outcome of the Assignment is to ensure successful and timely reconstruction of Atyrau – Astrakhan highway by providing high-quality technical supervision services with respect to the above sections of highway.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
- technical supervision of works for reconstruction of the above two sections of highway in accordance with legislation of Kazakhstan, and
- acting as an Engineer under the contract for performance of works for reconstruction of the above sections of highway to be signed by the Client with the contractors based on Conditions of Contract for Construction “For Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Employer”, Multilateral Development Bank Harmonised Edition June 2010 prepared by the Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils (FIDIC).
If the contract will be awarded to the foreign Consultant, the selected Consultant will have to register its branch in Kazakhstan for payment of taxes in accordance with legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Consultant Selection Procedure: Single stage open competitive selection
Interested firms or groups of firms are invited to submit a Technical and Financial Proposal.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in October 2019 and has an estimated overall duration of 36 months with the defect liability period of 24 months.
Input estimate for the Assignment: The estimated input of the key experts will be 249 person-months.
Funding Source: The contract will be financed by the EBRD loan.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions based on the consultant's country of origin.
Consultant Profile: The Consultant will be a firm, or a group of firms specialized in supervision of construction and reconstruction of roads and highways with previous project experience in the areas named below, preferably within the last 5 years:
1) supervision of construction and reconstruction of highways comparable with sections of roads provided for the assignment or exceeding them by length and complexity (with bridges, culverts, viaducts or similar structures);
2) acting as an Engineer with respect to FIDIC contracts, including under the projects financed by International Financial Institutions (IFI), such as World Bank, EBRD, ADB, IsDB;
3) supervision of construction and/or reconstruction of roads or highways in Kazakhstan and/or other post-soviet countries.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected, the consultant shall submit a Proposal (technical and financial proposals) in accordance with the RFP: link to RFP
1. The selection will normally be made from the Proposals received in response to this notification only, on the basis of the criteria set out in the RFP. The consultants are encouraged to provide detailed description of their experience in the areas listed in the Consultant’s Profile above, to ensure that their technical proposals are accepted for review based on evaluation criteria and technical scores. The highest-ranked Consultant for technical and financial proposals will be selected and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
2. Any updates of and clarifications on this procurement notice and/or the RFP shall be announced as updates on this notice, without any other notification. In the event of changes to the RFP, consultants will need to download the updated version of the RFP. Consultants are required to periodically check the notice for updates. Failure to take the updates into account while preparing the Proposal may result in disqualification or penalties to the scores in the evaluation.