INVITATION FOR TENDERS
Rehabilitation of water supply system and facilities for irrigation in Zhambyl District of Zhambyl Region
This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which was published in Procurement Opportunities on the EBRD website: 7 December 2016 and updated 30 May 2018.
Republic State Enterprise "KazVodKhoz", hereinafter referred to as the Employer, intends using part of the proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the Bank) towards the cost of South Kazakhstan Water Supply Project.
The Employer now invites sealed tenders from contractors for the following contracts to be funded from part of the proceeds of the loan:
- Lot 4 Contract SKIP_Z01.4 Rehabilitation of water supply system and facilities for irrigation in Zhambyl District of Zhambyl Region: Boshakay, Maldybay, Old Asa-Talas. Tauke, Shomai Togan, Tasshabak, Karzhaubai, Seisen 1-2, Kishi Togan, Baibatyr 1-2. Zhanuzak, Karymsak, Tulek. Kapal: Esengeldy 1-2;
- Lot 6 Contract SKIP_Z01.6 Rehabilitation of water supply system and facilities for irrigation in Zhambyl District of Zhambyl Region: Kyzyl, Meirman, Koshan, Seidaly.
These contracts include works for Rehabilitation of water supply system and facilities for irrigation according to the Requirements.
The estimated completion time under contracts is:
- for Contract No. SKIP_Z01.4 - 365 days;
- for Contract No. SKIP_Z01.6 - 365 days.
Tenders are invited for one or more lots. Each lot must be priced separately. Tenders for more than one lot may offer discounts and such discounts will be considered in the comparison of tenders.
The Project is implemented on the territory the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Tendering for contracts to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank is open to firms from any country. The proceeds of the Bank's loan will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, of for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
To be qualified for the award of a contract, tenderers must satisfy the following requirements:
(a) The Tenderer shall demonstrate that it has experience as Contractor in at least 3 (three) successfully completed contracts of a nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contracts within the last 5 (five) years, with a value of at least one of them not less than:
- KZT 800,000,000 (Eight hundred million) equivalent for Lot 4;
- KZT 1,300,000,000 (One billion three hundred million) equivalent for Lot 6,
(b) The Tenderer, partner of JVCA or their sub-contractors shall demonstrate successful experience in construction/works of a nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contract.
(c) The Tenderer shall have an average annual turnover as prime contractor (defined as billing for works in progress and completed) over the last 3 (three) of not less than:
- - KZT 1,500,000,000 (One billion five hundred million) equivalent for Lot 4;
- - KZT 2,500,000,000 (Two billion five hundred million) equivalent for Lot 6,
(d) The Tenderer shall demonstrate access to, or availability of, financial resources such as liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other than any contractual advance payments to meet:
(i) the following cash-flow requirement:
- - KZT 250,000,000 (Two hundred and fifty million) equivalent for Lot 4;
- - KZT 410,000,000 (Four hundred and ten million) equivalent for Lot 6; and
(ii) the overall cash flow requirements for this Contract and its current commitments.
(e) The Tenderer shall submit balance sheets audited or supported by the documents issued by tax authorities of the Tenderer’s country of origin for the last 3 (three) years and demonstrate the soundness of the Tenderer’s financial position, showing long-term profitability.
Tender documents may be obtained from the office at the address below. If requested, the documents will be promptly despatched by e-mail, but no liability can be accepted for loss or late delivery.
All tenders must be accompanied by a tender security in the amount not less than:
- - KZT 20,000,000 (Twenty million) for Lot 4;
- - KZT 35,000,000 (Thirty-five million) for Lot 6;
Tenders must be delivered to the office at the address below on or before or before 15:00 (local time) 10 July 2019, at which time they will be opened in the presence of those tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend.
A register of potential tenderers who have obtained the tender documents may be inspected at the address below.
The applicable procurement rules are the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R) which can be located at:
Prospective tenderers may obtain further information from, and inspect and acquire the tender documents at the following office:
Mr. Jakenov Aydos
Republican State Enterprise "Kazvodkhoz"
8, Amman street, Nur-Sultan City, 010000, Republic of Kazakhstan
Tel/Fax: +7 7172 57 51 53