INVITATION OF TENDERS
REPUBLIC OF BELARUS
Communal Production Unitary Enterprise “Brestvodokanal”
Reconstruction of Brest
Wastewater Treatment Plant
Communal Production Unitary Enterprise “Brestvodokanal”, hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”, intends to use part of the proceeds of a loan from the Nordic Investment Bank (NIB) and non-refundable technical aid from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) towards the costs of Contract A1-5 “Reject water treatment and tertiary filtration”.
Communal Production Unitary Enterprise “Brestvodokanal” now invites sealed tenders from eligible tenderers for the following contract.
Contract A1-5: Construction of reject water treatment and tertiary filtration, including Stage C designs and obtaining official approvals of design for the following works and equipment to be implemented under one contract divided to two lots:
Lot 1: Reject water treatment unit
1.1 Construction of reject water treatment unit for the reject water entering the unit from the nearby Waste Recycling Plant;
1.2 Construction of necessary connections from the reject water treatment unit to the reconstructed wastewater treatment plant;
Lot 2: Tertiary filtration unit
2.1 Construction of tertiary filtration unit for the effluent from the reconstructed wastewater treatment plan;
2.2 Construction of necessary connections from the tertiary filtration unit to the reconstructed wastewater treatment plant and effluent sewer.
The Conditions of Contract shall be FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build (first edition 1999).
Planned Contract completion period is about 18 months for Lot 1 and about 9 months for Lot 2..
Eligibility and Qualification Criteria
Tendering for contract is open to firms from any country. The proceeds of the Bank’s loan and non-refundable aid from SIDA will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
To be qualified for the award of the Contract, tenderers must satisfy the minimum criteria set in Tender Documents, including but not limited to:
- Tenderer is not bankrupt or under bankruptcy procedures according to the national legislation or regulations;
- Tenderer shall have an average annual turnover as prime contractor (defined as billing for works in progress or completed) over the last three years of not less than EUR 8 million equivalent;
- Tenderer must demonstrate access to or availability of financial resources in the amount of not less than EUR 2 million equivalent;
- Experience under contracts in the role of contractor or management contractor for the last five (5) years prior to the tender submission deadline, and with activity in at least nine (9) months in each year.
- Experience of participation as contractor, management contractor or supplier in at least three (3) contracts within the last five (5) years, each with a value of at least EUR 2 million, successfully and substantially completed and similar to the proposed Works;
- Tenderer or the proposed Manufacturer of the process shall demonstrate in addition, the following specific experience: Participation in successful construction of at least one reject water treatment unit under operation;
- Tenderer or its nominated subcontractor/subconsultant shall have experience of stage C design of wastewater treatment plants in Belarus;
- Tenderer shall provide evidence that the Tenderer or its agent will be able to carry out the Contractor’s maintenance, repair and spare parts stocking obligations;
- for Belarusian Tenderers: the Tenderer shall provide evidence that the Tenderer and its sub-contractor(s) shall have or shall obtain prior to the Contract award all certificates, permits and licences required by the authorities of the Republic of Belarus related to the scope of this contract (such as design and construction permits issued by Belarusian Self-Regulatory Organisations in appropriate sectors or by other authorised organisations);
- Tenderer shall be certified for quality standard ISO 9001 (or equivalent) or shall submit his own quality assurance plan to demonstrate quality assurance procedures, which shall be applied for the execution of works under this contract.
Tender documents may be inspected at and obtained below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of EUR 300 (three hundred) including VAT. Payment in EUR shall be made by bank transfer to:
Intermediary / Корреспондент банка получателя
DEUTSHE BANK AG, Frankfurt
Код BIC (S.W.I.F.T –Код)
Account with institution / Банк получателя
ACCOUNT / СЧЕТ: 949817110
BELINVESTBANK, Minsk, Masherova Avenue 29
Directorate of “Belinvestbank” in Brest region:
Sovetskaya Str. 50, Brest /
БЕЛИНВЕСТБАНК, Минск, пр. Машерова, д. 29
Дирекция ОАО «Белинвестбанк» по Брестской области:
г. Брест, ул. Советская, д. 50
Код BIC (S.W.I.F.T - Код)
Beneficiary / Переводополучатель
Communal Processing Unitary Enterprise “Brestvodokanal”/
Коммунальное производственное унитарное предприятие «Брестводоканал»
Address / Адрес
Krasnogvardeyskaya Str. 125, Brest, 224024, Republic of Belarus/
Республика Беларусь, 224024, г. Брест, ул. Красногвардейская, д. 125
Operating account / Расчетный счет
Currency of account / Валюта счета
EUR / Евро
Upon receiving appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee, the documents will be handed over electronically.
A two stage tender procedure will be adopted and will proceed as follows:
The First Stage tender will consist of a technical proposal only, without any reference to prices, and a list of any deviations from the technical and commercial conditions set forth in the tender documents or any alternative technical solutions the tenderer wishes to offer, and a justification for it, provided always that such deviations or alternative solutions do not change the basic objectives of the project. Following evaluation by the Employer of the First Stage tenders, the Employer will invite each Tenderer who meets the qualification criteria and who has submitted a technically responsive tender or alternative tender to a clarification meeting. The proposals of all such tenderers will be reviewed at separate Employer-Tenderer meetings and all required amendments, additions, deletions and other adjustments to the technical proposal will be noted and recorded in a Memorandum. Only eligible and qualified tenderers who have submitted a technically responsive and acceptable First Stage tenders will be invited to submit Second Stage tenders.
The Second Stage tender shall include an updated technical tender incorporating all changes required by the Employer as recorded in the Memorandum of the clarification meeting or as necessary to reflect any amendments to the tender documents issued subsequent to submission of the First Stage tender. In addition, the Second Stage tender shall include the commercial tender.
A pre-tender meeting shall take place on August 7, 2018 at 10:00 (Minsk time) at Brest wastewater treatment plant (address: Kolvelskaya Street 7A, 224024 Brest) and shall be followed by the site visit to wastewater treatment plant site.
First Stage tenders must be delivered to the office at the address below on or before September 25, 2018, 10:00 Minsk time, at which time they will be opened in the presence of those tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend.
No tender security is needed for the First Stage tenders. All Second Stage tenders must be accompanied by a tender security of EUR 100 000 or its equivalent in a convertible currency.
Address referred to above:
Attention: Viacheslav Burko, Head of Project Implementation Unit
Street Address: 125 Krasnogvardeyskaya
Postal Code: 224024
Country: Republic of Belarus
Telephone: +375 162 45 22 03
Electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
+375 162 45 51 15 Aksana Yushkavets, Leading International Investment Specialist
+375 162 45 42 54 Elena Mitskovich, Leading Engineer of OMTC
+375 162 45 46 70 Mikhail Logvinko, Head of Sewerage Workshop
+375 162 45 46 98 Inna Datskevich, Head of PTO