Good corporate governance is essential for companies wishing to access external capital across the countries where the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD”) invests. Promoting good corporate governance practices has long been a priority of the EBRD as it is directly related to the sound banking principles of its investment operations. Improving corporate governance also supports transition by spreading behaviour and attitudes that enhance the legitimacy and functioning of the market economy.
The EBRD is inviting guests to the Corporate governance Workshop for family-owned and privately held businesses in Central Asia on Monday 16th October 2023 – from 09:30 to 17:00 GMT +5. The Workshop will be an all-day event, held at the Hilton Hotel in Tashkent, and aimed at business owners and top managers.
The Workshop will be led by the highly respected international corporate governance advisors, Alexander Filatov and Dmytro Gorbachev.
The Workshop will cover the following topics:
1. Founder/Principal Role in Family Business
2. Financial Benefits of Implementing Corporate Governance
3. Mechanisms of Corporate Governance: Board structure, committees, financial reporting
4. The role of Corporate Governance in Strategic Decision-Making
5. Discussion of corporate governance practices in Central Asian countries, questions and answers, experience sharing among participants
6. EBRD Advice for Small Business in Uzbekistan
Contact Mira Gafieva for any enquiries.