What does the private sector need to accelerate digital connectivity in Central Asia? What are the challenges and opportunities? How can we support the digital development of the private sector in a cyber-safe and secure manner? How can the EU Global Gateway support those needs? What lessons have we learned from other regions where the Bank operates and beyond?
The panel will showcase speakers from a large range of perspectives. On the institutional side and focusing on Central Asia, government officials will present policies that have proved successful in accelerating digital connectivity, as well as opportunities linked to the EU Global Gateway. On the business side, representatives from big tech corporations will share their knowledge of developing digital tools, skills and cybersecurity measures. Drawing on their experiences from across the EBRD regions and beyond, the panel will focus on skills needed to keep up with the rapid changes of digital connectivity.
- Jacek Kubas, Associate Director, Head of Digital, EBRD
Yasemin Bedir, Division President, Eastern Europe, Mastercard
- Bernhard Fauser, Managing Director, Central and Eastern Europe Market, HP Inc.
- Koji Kurushima, Chief Executive Officer, Mobicom Corporation LLC
- Myriam Ferran, Deputy Director General, European Commission Directorate General for International Partnerships
- Abdulakhad Kuchkarov, First Deputy Director, IT Park Uzbekistan