With a growing number of Central Asian cities joining our EBRD Green Cities initiative, this event will showcase replicable and scalable examples of resilient infrastructure projects from Central Asia and the wider region. Panellists will also consider what more can be done to attract and mobilise the private sector to support resilient infrastructure projects and enhance regional collaboration.
Demonstrating a keen interest in resilient, smart and green solutions, Central Asian cities are drawing on their age-old tradition of innovating. In so doing, they are leading the way in taking a joined-up approach to urban sustainability through a variety of financing instruments.
- Lin O'Grady, Associate Director, Deputy Head Sustainable Infrastructure Policy and Preparation, EBRD
- Nandita Parshad, Managing Director, Sustainable Infrastructure Group, EBRD
- Rania Al-Mashat, Minister of International Cooperation, Government of Egypt
- Thierry Déau, Founding Partner, Chief Executive Officer, Meridiam
- Erkinjon Turdimov, Governor of Samarkand Region
- Catherine Workman, Partner, Head of Middle East, Pincent Masons
Almaskhan Smatlayev, First Deputy Akim, East-Kazakhstan Region