Policymakers and investors need to be aware of the short and long-term challenges Ukraine faces during the war and those that the country will have to deal with in the post-war period.
The panel will take a broad look at the historical experience of war and peace and examine the impact that armed conflicts have had on economic performance and political, social and population trends, both during the wars and after they end.
This retrospective will provide some indication of the sheer scale of the challenges that Ukraine has been subject to and will face during the reconstruction stage. On that basis, the panel will draw conclusions that will inform policymakers’ and investors’ short- and long-term responses to those challenges.
- Jonathan Charles, Strategic Communications Consultant and Broadcaster
- Beata Javorcik, Chief Economist, EBRD
- Fiona Hill, Senior Fellow - Foreign Policy, The Brookings Institution
- Harold James, Professor of History, Princeton University
- Thomas Kleine-Brockhoff, Guido Goldman Distinguished Scholar for Geostrategy, GMF
- Peter Frankopan, Professor of Global History, Oxford University