You are invited to submit a paper to the 5th EBRD-CEPR Research Symposium on the geopolitics of trade. The symposium will provide a platform for researchers and policy makers to discuss new research findings and to identify areas where further academic and policy-oriented work is needed. Papers are invited on the following – non-exhaustive – list of topics:
- International trade, interdependence and conflict
- Global value chain disruptions
- International finance, capital flows, and geopolitics
- The war on Ukraine and trade diversion
- The economic effects, design, and circumvention of trade and financial sanctions
- The effects of sanctions on regime stability and domestic support
- The trade impact of war at the national and international level
- The political economy of sanctions in implementing countries
- Energy security, transport networks and control of supply routes
- The symposium will feature a Keynote Address by Prof. Shang-Jin Wei (Columbia University).
Accommodation expenses will be covered for speakers and discussants. Travel expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with CEPR’s expense guidelines.
To submit a paper (full papers only), please send an email to Lucie Newman at email@example.com.
The conference will be held at the EBRD, 5 Bank St, London, E14 4BG, United Kingdom. The conference programme starts on Monday noon (June 12) and ends on Tuesday afternoon (June 13). An invitation-only conference dinner will be held on Monday evening.
Organising and programme committee
- Cevat Giray Aksoy (EBRD and King’s College London)
- Cagatay Bircan (EBRD and UCL)
- Meredith Crowley (University of Cambridge)
- Ralph De Haas (EBRD, KU Leuven, and CEPR)
- Douglas Irwin (Dartmouth College, NBER and PIIE)
- Beata Javorcik (EBRD, Oxford University, and CEPR)
- John Morrow (King’s College London)
- Gianmarco Ottaviano (Bocconi University and CEPR)
- Petia Topalova (IMF)