Provision of a sovereign loan to the Republic of Albania (the "Borrower") for the rehabilitation of the railway line between Vore and Hani i Hotit on the border with Montenegro, approximately 120 km in length (the "Project").
The Project is expected to be co-financed by the European Investment Bank with a sovereign loan and the European Union through the Western Balkans Investment Framework, with investment and technical assistance grants.
ESIA disclosure package
In English and Albanian:
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Environmental and Social Management Plan
- Non-technical summary
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- Land Acquisition and Resettlement Framework
- Environmental and Social Action Plan
Full ESIA availability
Albanian Railways, Lagjia nr. 3, Rruga Egnatia, Durres, Albania
- Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy, Albania
- Municipality of Vore, Albania
- Municipality of Kurbin, Albania,
- Municipality of Lezhë, Albania
- Municipality of Shkoder, Albania
EBRD Tirana RO,
Torre Drin Building, 4th Floor, Abdi Toptani Street Tirana, Albania / Tel: +355 4 2232 898
Enquiries: Environmental and social enquiries:
Mr Eriton Hasaj
Environment and Social Manager, PMIU
Lagjia nr. 3, Rruga Egnatia, Durres, Albania
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014