A sovereign loan to the Kyrgyz Republic (“KR”), for the benefit of the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic (“MoTC”), in the amount of up to EUR 46.2 million (“Loan”) for the rehabilitation of 32.2 km unfinanced section of the Balykchy-Karakol road, namely Tyup-Karakol road section, located in the eastern part of KR along the northern shore of Issyk-Kul Lake.
ESIA disclosure package
1. Non-Technical Summary (NTS)
2. Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP)
3. Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP)
4. Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) including the Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP)
5. Land Acquisition and Resettlement Framework (LARF)
6. Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP) and Critical Habitat Assessment
Full ESIA availability
Full ESIA documentation is available locally at:
EBRD Resident Office in the Kyrgyz Republic
Business Centre Orion, 21 Erkindik Boulevard, 4th Floor, 720040 Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
This document was prepared at an early stage of project development, before consideration by the EBRD Board of Directors. Details of a project may change following disclosure.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and ESIA summaries are produced by project sponsors, and the EBRD makes them available without any comment or implied endorsement. Any views expressed or statements made in the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment or the ESIA Summary do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the EBRD.
Last updated 25 June 2014