Know How Academy
Are you running or working at a micro or small business? Are you looking for training and support during and beyond the coronavirus pandemic?
The EBRD’s Know How Academy offers a free-to-use online learning and advice programme for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs).
The first course on the Know How Academy is “Know How to...in a Crisis”, a hub where entrepreneurs can receive practical assistance, including training materials and crisis management advice from top industry experts.
Designed to help MSMEs with the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic and other times of crisis, the course has five key modules:
- Crisis Management: Your customers and suppliers
- Crisis Management: Financial management essentials
- Crisis Management: Financing your firm
- Crisis Management: Your staff: your key asset
- Crisis Management: Management and leadership challenges
Each module is available in English, Russian, Arabic, Ukrainian and Turkish, takes only 30 minutes to complete and is free of charge. Upon successful completion of the course, a certificate will be issued.
How to register
On your desktop or laptop, simply visit www.ebrdknowhowacademy.com, choose your user language and complete the short registration process.
For mobile devices, download the dedicated Go.Learn app, and when prompted enter “www.ebrdknowhowacademy.com" as the platform URL. Then complete the registration process.
|Download the Go.Learn mobile app here:|
For help and support, contact our dedicated representatives via: Support-LMS@crownagents.co.uk
The initiative is funded by: the European Union (including through its European Investment Advisory Hub), Kazakhstan, J.P. Morgan and the EBRD’s Small Business Impact Fund (Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, US, TaiwanBusiness – EBRD Technical Cooperation Fund).
EBRD Small Business Guide
Apart from a general English-language tool, the website also contains separate Georgian, Moldovan and Ukrainian sections that offer country-specific legal and financial guidance in local language.
The new website offers expert guidance to help owners and managers of Georgian SMEs to deal with financial challenges, manage relationships with suppliers, customers and employees, and steer through operational and strategic challenges. It also contains useful tools to digitalise businesses as well as to navigate a restructuring process. The platform provides businesses with legal guidance on corporate, employment and insolvency law, areas in which small firms have a strong demand for know-how and information. The website is structured around six modules or entry points:
1. Developing your business strategy
2. Managing your people successfully
3. Running your business successfully
4. Taking your business online
5. Keeping your business finances healthy
6. Restructuring your business finances.
This platform was developed with financial support from the United Kingdom government through the Good Governance Fund (GGF).
We also run a number of courses for SMEs that have worked with us, such as:
- Corporate governance for SMEs
- Export Practice and Procedures for SMEs
- Advanced export practice & trade finance
- Export of Services
- SME Finance for Crisis Management, Liquidity and Crisis Working Capital Management
- Budgeting and Costing during a Crisis
- Performance Management
- Crisis Management of Key Stakeholders
- Debt Restructuring in a Crisis and Dealing with Bankers and/or Investors
- Crisis Risk Management and Internal Control